Andis Clipper Cord Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis Clipper Cord Fix

Anyone know how to fix the faulty cord issue on Andis clippers? It's getting really annoying clipping dogs as they go on and off and on and off all day...

This is the 2 speed Ultra Edge unit.

Might be a loose connection. Check that first'
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

This probably won't make sense unless you are looking at the clipper with the top off but if you try to tighten the connection on the wires, hold the connector with a wrench or pliers. If you do not hold the connector, you can twist it enough to crack the solder connection (causing the same problem you are trying to fix). I see this really often on clippers when groomers have changed the cord themselves. When this happens it can usually be re-soldered, sometimes the connector has been broken and the entire board needs replaced.

With the clipper running twist and turn the cord all over, especially right by the clipper. If the motor cuts in and out it is most likely in need of a new cord. When changing the cord hold the connector (see above) or you could make the problem worse.

If it's not the cord, it is something on the circuit/switch board. Some of those issues can be fixed but for the sake of simplicity I'd suggest just changing the board.

In rare cases that clipper can speed up and down also if the power is not sufficient or very clean. In one store it happened when too many dryers were running. The newer models are less effected by this.

Comment

The fix is a new cord. Im an Andis service center I can do it.

The real thing here is to prevent this from happening. If your wrapping your cord around the clipper, its bending the stress relief (big part of cord coming out of clipper) too much and its breaking the wire inside. Test this by turning your clipper on and taking hold of the cord about a foot from the clipper and move it like your reeling in a fish. If the cord is bad it will come on and off and needs replaced.

Just stop wrapping the cord around the clipper and this wont happen.

-------------------------------------------
        Jeff Andrews
        Northern Tails Sharpening
        Mobile, Alabama &
        New Orleans, Louisiana
        251-232-5353
        www.northerntails.com
        [email protected]
        "You Now Have A Better Choice"

Search for me or “Northern Tails Sharpening” on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to test it out here in the next few days and see if I want to bother with it, or send it out for repairs.

I just dread being stuck with my 13 year old Osters as back up during this busy time-o-year.

Comment

A new cord is better than that hair blowing in your face all day and the extra weight. I can mail you a cord and you can put it in yourself if you have a tiny screwdriver. You can figure out how it goes in, very simple, or I can talk you through it over the phone. If you order a cord from Ryan's they will most likely send you the wrong one (for a AG), they do it 90% of the time.

-------------------------------------------
            Jeff Andrews
            Northern Tails Sharpening
            Mobile, Alabama &
            New Orleans, Louisiana
            251-232-5353
            www.northerntails.com
            [email protected]
            "You Now Have A Better Choice"

Search for me or “Northern Tails Sharpening” on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I will give you a call later today when I have my cc handy. I also need a few blade drives...

Edit: Make that sometime this week...totally slipped my mind today.
              Last edited by D'tails; 04-06-10, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X