SpeedFeed or Arco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedFeed or Arco

My co-worker currently has an Arco and she is wanting to buy a new trimmer. She likes the Arco alright, but they are pretty loud for a trimmer and they start out real nice but go downhill pretty quickly. She was thinking about the SpeedFeed but has never used them before and was wondering how they compared to the Arco.
    Also she will be using these for clipping on her show poodles and so she was wondering if the surgical blade that you can order for it is really all that much shorter than the blade that comes with it.
    I would love to hear some opinions on the speedfeed. Pros and Cons and how it compares to the Arco.

Thanks so much!

I would get a Bravura or Speed Feed. They are both great trimmers and the Bravura had some advantages over the Arco. Wahl has better customer service than Laube so I would go with the Bravura but both are great.

The Wahl 5 in one blade adjusts down to the length of a 40 blade. I'm not sure why she wants to go shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by JThreeSharpening View Post
      I'm not sure why she wants to go shorter.
      They are show poodles so the closer the better. She likes them naked.

Comment

I've had my SF for going on 4 years and while others have had some complaints, mine has not given me ANY trouble. Heck, I haven't even had to replace the batteries! It's used daily for poo faces, feet and even small dog body trims with the comb attachments. I don't know what I'd do without it.

I've seen the Bravura at shows and held them, but they were heavier than the SF. I did like the option of using the Bravura as a corded trimmer, but it seemed a bit top heavy (most of the weight in the top of the trimmer) and I do have hand issues to deal with, so that added weight could have caused problems. The shape of the SF feels better in my hand (balanced and comfortable), with less stress on my wrist and hand.

Comment

I would say Speed Feed especially since it is for Poodles. Speed Feed sit more at an angle than the wahl making it easier to fine touch areas around mouths, toes and in pads.

I wish I could explain this better, but the Speed Feed holds in your hand more like a Pencil.

Comment

Yeah, I think she's going to give the speed feed a try. The place she's getting it from has them on sale and a 30 day money back guarantee. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone has anything else to add...please do! The more info the better...

Comment

I had a speed feed for a year and liked it pretty well, but I guess I'm hard on them; being mobile (rolling around, falling, etc....). It only lasted me a year, one blade replacemnt and it seemed the battery was going.... so I bagged it.

Someone on the board here mentioned how quiet the Gieb Excello is, so I decided to try it. I LOVE it. It seems to cut as well as the speed feed, but it [b]MUCH[/b] quieter!! I can't tell you how quiet it is, I think it's the quietest light weight clipper I've tried. It might be a [i]little[/i] less power than the speed feed, but that doesn't seem to make a difference in the cut. I REALLY like it better than the speed feed so far.
              A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
                Someone on the board here mentioned how quiet the Gieb Excello is, so I decided to try it. I LOVE it. It seems to cut as well as the speed feed, but it [b]MUCH[/b] quieter!! I can't tell you how quiet it is, I think it's the quietest light weight clipper I've tried. It might be a [i]little[/i] less power than the speed feed, but that doesn't seem to make a difference in the cut. I REALLY like it better than the speed feed so far.
                I have the Geib Excello and I LOVE it. My co-worker loves it as well, but it doesn't cut quite close enough for her show poodles. The 40 setting on the Geibs isn't quite as short as a real 40 and it doesn't get as close as some of the other trimmers. It's great for face, feet, sanitaries though. Actually I also found out today that I love it for cats. I used it on 3 cats today, 2 of which were PELTED. It just plowed right through with no problems. Couldn't ask for a better trimmer for the money...and yes it is by far the quietest trimmer I've ever encountered.

Comment

Working...
                X