Andis AGC professional question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis AGC professional question

My friend runs a grooming shop and she has Andis AGC clippers.
    I am wondering how long do they last in professional use?

Are they lasting more then 5 years?

The thing is her clipper is broken and it costs 62 USD to fix it.
    We are wondering if we should fix it or not, the new one in Iceland costs 200 USD

It really depends on how much you are using the clippers. I have a set I've used for over 3 years but I do put new parts on occasionally but I do it myself instead of sending them away. Most of the time it's a $12 switch or cord that's easy to replace or some other simple part.

Comment

They are usually worth fixing and will last a long time if properly repaired. They are also pretty cheap to repair. $62 is a fairly expensive repair on an AGC. Do you know what parts they want to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by JThreeSharpening View Post
        They are usually worth fixing and will last a long time if properly repaired. They are also pretty cheap to repair. $62 is a fairly expensive repair on an AGC. Do you know what parts they want to replace?
        This is with the shipping and the price to go through costums in Iceland.

But the parts are very cheap :S

Comment

Mine are at least seven years old and going strong. Other than the blade drive, I have had very little maintenance on these. I had to replace the top housing after they were kicked out of my hand but that repair was simple enough. Maybe, Jeff at Northerntails on this board could help you with repair ideas. I have recently viewed some of his videos and am amazed at the instructional videos he offers on his website.

Certainly repair at ONLY five years.

Comment

Buy the parts and fix it yourself. Jeff @ Northern Tails has plenty of videos on his site. Andis is the Buick Oldsmobile of clippers. You just keep fixing them & they run like a Deere. LOL!
            Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 04-12-10, 08:34 PM.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

What would you like to know how to fix?

http://www.fixya.com/support/andis

http://www.fixya.com/troubleshoot/andis
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
              X