swichblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swichblade

So I got my swichblade I like it ok but,this dial is weird to get used to is that just me? also it seems to vibrate a lot is that my imagination ?
    Does anyone else notice these things? where do you put your dial it doesnt really have "settings". other than that it does have some power compaired to the 1 speed osters I was using.The first time I used it It felt like one of those table saws about to sail off the table vroom!!!!!
    I zipped through a cocker like it was nothing! ") that was good the osters made me cry once because I couldnt get through the coat.

I use my switchblade on the lowest setting whenever possible, as it keeps the blades from heating up too fast and keeps the noise and vibration down. If I'm using it on a really heavy coated dog, I will up the speed until I don't feel any "drag" going through the coat. I tend to use my Andis for the thin coated dogs and the Switchblade for the cockers, doodles and double coated types. I really like the placement of the dial (once I got used to it) as I can adjust the speed with one finger while working. I tend to turn the Andis clippers off while working - annoying.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

To get the vibration out of it your going tohave to adjust the socket ears on your blades. Ill bet you were using an Andis clipper before you got the Switchblade. If so, the Andis has a wider hinge than the Wahll so blades will rattle.
      I have a video on my website that shows youhow to do this. Its not the clipper, its the blade.

Hope this helps

-------------------------------------------
      Jeff Andrews
      Northern Tails Sharpening
      Mobile, Alabama &
      New Orleans, Louisiana
      251-232-5353
      www.northerntails.com
      [email protected]
      "You Now Have A Better Choice"

Search for me or “Northern Tails Sharpening” on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by northerntailssharpening View Post
        To get the vibration out of it your going tohave to adjust the socket ears on your blades. Ill bet you were using an Andis clipper before you got the Switchblade. If so, the Andis has a wider hinge than the Wahll so blades will rattle.
        I have a video on my website that shows youhow to do this. Its not the clipper, its the blade.

Hope this helps

-------------------------------------------
        Jeff Andrews
        Northern Tails Sharpening
        Mobile, Alabama &
        New Orleans, Louisiana
        251-232-5353
        www.northerntails.com
        [email protected]
        "You Now Have A Better Choice"

Search for me or “Northern Tails Sharpening” on Facebook.
        OMG you are right about the andis!!!! and that is something I never thought about!!!! WOW! thank you so much!!!!! I have something wrong with a nerve or something in my elbow that makes my hand fall asleep so thats why I couldnt use the oster my was going to sleep and Id drop the darn thing the vibration was killing me. this is good news

Comment

Working...
        X