sharkfin shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharkfin shears

anyone using these shears? how are they? are they difficult to get used to? anyone with carpal tunnel using these? better? I found them intriguing at all american, and I need some new shears. opinions please.

sharkfin shears

Hi, I highly recommend Sharkfin Shears, they are ergonomically correct and therefore can prevent carpal tunnel or even eliminate it. I have been using them for over a year now and I will say that it does take some getting used to, but once you do (about 2 weeks) you will love them. There is a 30 day money back guarantee should you decide that they don't work for you. They stand behind their product and the shears have a lifetime warranty. What more could they offer! Anyway, they will be at Intergroom if you want to try them out or visit their website.

Comment

I bought them. I had carpal tunnel, they did not help it or eliminate it as the shear company touted it would. I didn't think it would, but I thought it might help it from getting worse. I don't like them. It may just be the pair that I have, but, they don't cut well and it didn't help my cts at all. It's well past my 30 days, so I can't return them o I am stuck with expensive shears that I don't like. Just make sure if you get them you use them a lot in the first 30 days, that way you will def know whether or not you like them, because you have 30 days to return them

Comment

Originally posted by pinkgroomer View Post
        I bought them. I had carpal tunnel, they did not help it or eliminate it as the shear company touted it would. I didn't think it would, but I thought it might help it from getting worse. I don't like them. It may just be the pair that I have, but, they don't cut well and it didn't help my cts at all. It's well past my 30 days, so I can't return them o I am stuck with expensive shears that I don't like. Just make sure if you get them you use them a lot in the first 30 days, that way you will def know whether or not you like them, because you have 30 days to return them
        Did you get them at a show? I'm asking because they usually fit them, adjust them, and show you how to use them properly. If they are not cutting well, they are most likely need sharpened. Some of them came with a less than ideal edge. Also, they do not like to be overtightened, If they have been used while adjusted too tight they might need sharpening too.

I find that many groomers who have groomed for years with scissors with little or no offset have some pain with a more ergonomic shear like the SharkFins. Even thought it should cause less fatigue, it is moving your hand in a way it's not used to moving and that can sometimes make things worse. In theory the pain should diminish when you hands get used to the new design but I don't know anyone who has had the patience to stick with it and find out.

Comment

I believe I've posted before about them, but I,personally, had an awful experience. I didn't like the scissors, was treated badly by customer service, they did not stand behind their product, and finally sent me the WRONG scissors after SIX MONTHS! It was an awful experience.
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

I am left handed but have been using right handed shears for 20 years. Only started trying to use lefty's the last few years . Have spent heaps on various different brands and nothing came close to working. I bought a pair of shark fin at Hershey last year and though very skeptical was impressed that they had hair there to try them and they spent a long time showing me how to use them. Needless to say ... I LUV THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by JThreeSharpening View Post
              Did you get them at a show? I'm asking because they usually fit them, adjust them, and show you how to use them properly. If they are not cutting well, they are most likely need sharpened. Some of them came with a less than ideal edge. Also, they do not like to be overtightened, If they have been used while adjusted too tight they might need sharpening too.

I find that many groomers who have groomed for years with scissors with little or no offset have some pain with a more ergonomic shear like the SharkFins. Even thought it should cause less fatigue, it is moving your hand in a way it's not used to moving and that can sometimes make things worse. In theory the pain should diminish when you hands get used to the new design but I don't know anyone who has had the patience to stick with it and find out.
              I got them at Hershey. They did fit them and show me how to tighten and loosen them. I agree they could have just come with a sub-par edge. I am going to get them sahrpened and see if they are any better.
              And you are too right, I gave up on them before i could retrain my hands, hopefully after they are sharp i'll be able to commit myself to using them with no pain

Comment

I have a pair of the swivels and I love them. I found they don't cut well if not properly adjusted. They will take a little getting used to, however they will allow to get at angles you can't with other scissors. With the swivels you can see and feel the difference in how it affects your hands and wrists. Best $300.00 I've spent. Be sure you get an autherized (from Sharkfin) sharpering service or it voids your warranty.

Comment

Working...
                X