Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOUR favorite clipper blade brand? type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR favorite clipper blade brand? type?

I just bought a couple Oster Cryogen blades and i am hoping they will be as good or better than the Andis UltraEdge blades that work with my Andis Clippers. I have found that Ceramic blades are not good for me. What are your favorite blades? What stays sharpest for you and coolest for you?

i love the Buttercut blades. They stay sharper longer and are less expensive than the other blades

Comment

I like Buttercuts as well, but because they are not case hardened they only can be resharpened once maybe twice if you're lucky. I also, like Laube blades. They can be resharpened more times, but cost a little more than the Geib ones. I personally am not a fan of ceramic and all the fancy coatings. I seem to get a smoother finish without them. Andis had some problems with brand new blades not functioning properly. I had heard that they had gone automated and that had proved the reason for inconsistent blade quality. Not a huge fan of the cryogen X ones as well. I just don't like all the coatings!

Comment

can the coated blades be sharpened?

Comment

Buttercut , followed a close second by Laube.

Comment

I love my Laube and my Buttercut blades. Laube are more expensive because 1- they are made in the USA, 2- a better quality metal so you can keep sharpening them 3- every blade is tested by a real person.

Buttercuts are fabulous and come right out of the package and ready to cut they just dont stay sharp as long and many times you buy them with attitude (funny only to those who have ever bought Geib at a grooming show).

Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Laube blades. I won't buy anything else. They have gone up in price, but they are still well worth it. They stay sharp for a very long time, and they cut very well.

Comment

I only use Andis blades now. I have a few OLD oster blades that still cut nicely, but the new ones just do not cut well. However, lately I'm having issues with the Andis blades. After reading this thread, I might try the Laube next go around.

Comment

buttercut, or the oster cryogen X, don't like the feeling of andis after using the first two brands.

Comment

I adore my Oster Elites. I've had every kind but Wahl competition (which I'm now itching to get thanks to you all...such devils...) and I keep going to back to them. Maybe it's because they're black! They do work very well though and I almost never have to sharpen them. Currently it's been over a year.
                    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Wahl

I like the wahl competion blades but may also have to try Laube after reading this post.

Comment

Oster ceramic edge is what i like the best.
                        actually, besides butter cut, and andis ultra edge it is all i have used!

I really really do not like andis, but I cannot say why!? it just seems like it didnt cut as well and just didnt feel right. I didnt like the butter cuts either because they didnt "feel" right.

is it just what you are used to? I tend to resist change LOL

Comment

The majority of my blades are Andis, and I always liked them until I got some Wahl competition blades. Compared to the Wahls my Andis blades heat up FAST! I have a couple of the Oster Cryogen 7F blades as well, and they stay cool for a long time as well.

I don't think I'll be getting anymore Andis blades, I really like the Wahls.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessPoodle View Post
                            I like Buttercuts as well, but because they are not case hardened they only can be resharpened once maybe twice if you're lucky. I also, like Laube blades. They can be resharpened more times, but cost a little more than the Geib ones. I personally am not a fan of ceramic and all the fancy coatings. I seem to get a smoother finish without them. Andis had some problems with brand new blades not functioning properly. I had heard that they had gone automated and that had proved the reason for inconsistent blade quality. Not a huge fan of the cryogen X ones as well. I just don't like all the coatings!
                            Do you have a source for this information? I have personally sharpened Buttercut blades 20+ times and they continue to always work great and they stay sharp as long as they did when they were new.

As far as coatings go, The gold coated Laube blades seem to be the most rust resistant and easiest to clean out of all the blades I see. I really like them. The worst coating is the Oster Algion stuff. Every blade I have removed that coating from works better then they did when they had it.

Comment

For those that answered Wahl - Great Savings at Cherrybrook

Wahl Competition Series Blades are on Sale for 25% Off regular prices through April 30, 2010. Take advantage of this great sale on clipper blades at www.cherrybrook.com only.

Click Here to get Wahl blades at great savings!
                              http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cfm...achable_Blades

Comment

Working...
                              X