Bravura Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravura Battery

My battery doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to resolve it?

Yes my geib battery and my wahl battery are both doing the same thing. One battery charges better then the other. All my batteries seem like they are **** compared to what they used to be. I dont have a solution though

Comment

Ran in to this the first Bravura I had. Saw this info on another board:

Let the clippers run until there is no more juice. Then recharge - you can work with the clippers while they're recharging. I haven't had a problem since I've been doing that.

Don't overcharge. The newer Bravura make a beeping sound when they're completely charged.

Comment

Mine was doing that..

for the second time (sent them in the first time), so,after ordering a backup pair, I removed the blade and let it soak in wash for a few minutes. Put it on the next day, and BAM, no more battery problem...(darn, didn't need that backup pair after all)...until today, I replaced the blade with a newly resharpened one, and guess what....there drains the battery after 5 minutes of use. I'm thinking the sharpener tightens the blades down too much or something, don't know, but I'm gonna soad this blade and see what happens.

Comment

I have been thinking of asking this Q. for about 3 weeks. I'm glad someone else is unsure...

I am also having this problem. I find I am now getting only 5 minutres of work time/ charge out of the "recently charged" clipper. funny thing is that I can use it with the blade at its lowest, 30 and it will run longer than if I switch it to 15 or 10, it will cut almost immediately. Also, in the past I've had it not start when I'd turn it on , but if I pushed on the blade a bit it would then start running.

I was thinking that maybe it is just dying. I've had it for about 15-18 mos. do you think this is all the life I can expect from it? I also have the Arco, but prefer the Bravura because it runs so much smoother and quieter.

I am not so sure as to the blade being the problem, tho'...why would it recharge and run then stop so quickly? I've tried letting it run down and then place it on the charger but it didn't seem to make a difference.

sittingpretty

Comment

This is so funny I was just reading groomer to groomer mag and here what it says. keep bravura off of the charger until the battery runs completely down then charge completely before using again. I wonder if the arco is the same way guess I will try it.

Comment

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU, BUT i DO NOT PUT THE CLIPPER BACK ON THE CGRARGER UNTIL IT IS WORN DOWN AND "DEAD." SO THAT IS NOT WHY MY ISN'T STAYING CHARGED...ANY OTHER THOUGHTS?

sittingpretty

Comment

I have quite a few rechargeable tools and in all of them I have to replace the rechargeable batteries every few years because the batteries don't hold the charge as long. There are only so many times you can recharge rechargeable batteries. Might be it?
                Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

why in the heck did they make it chirp. My new one's chirping is driving me bonkers. I thought my old one was on its way out-but like my 1979 Oldsmobile, get a replacement, and wammo, it starts working like a charm again.

Comment

I'm having this problem too - I can usually just get the pads of feet done (not clean poodle feet - not enough juice for that) and then it gives out. I really depend and love my bravura - I don't want to have to try and find another cordless.
                    I have always let the battery run right out (my husband is somewhat electronically handy and suggested that).
                    Isn't there a way I could just buy a battery and replace it myself? I think my next one will be one that I can replace the battery if need be.
                    I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

I finally called Wahl yesterday and asked what is going on with this goofy (but loved) clipper. I didn't get any answer as to the technical end of it. It was suggested that I send it back to them, if it is still under warranty they will fix it for free, if not it will cost $30.00.

Since I can only get a few minutes of "run time", I'm sending it in. Like Candee, I can't even get a whole foot clipped. I wish it was possible to buy a new battery pack for it (like my Andis AGR) but that isn't possible with the Bravura.

Thought I'd pass this info on to you...

sittingpretty

Comment

Thanks for the update. Now I know what I am looking forward to. I should have looked into it when I was slower now it is so busy. I hate to miss it even if I can't use it for long. Today I had to shave ears on a nervous maltese - I couldn't use my normal clippers - they were too rattly and made the pup more nervous. I had to recharge the bravura 3 times while working on the ears. Luckily it does charge pretty quickly - I must give it that.
                        I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Rechargeable batteries cant last forever. They have chemicals in them. When you use a battery you get a chemical reaction happening which gives you the power, when all of the chemicals have reacted then the battery is dead. With rechargeable batteries putting them on the charger reverses this reaction so the process can happen all over again. The problem is that everytime the reaction happens and then is reversed not all of the chemicals survive the process, so eventually you run out of anything that will react and the battery will no longer function. Only nickel-cadmium batteries have battery memory, where they lose the ability to fully discharge if you dont let them fully run down before you recharge them. Its caused by the cadmium forming crystals which are usually small but when not fully discharged can become bigger. If they get too big they lose the ability to reverse on the charger back into cadmium. Probably clear as mud, sorry its nearly midnight and Im really tired. Point being sometimes you just have to buy new ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X