Andis New Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis New Blades

I see that Andis has a couple of new blades out.

A 6FC (cuts at 3/16) and a 4 1/2FC (cuts at 5/16).

Any reviews??

Scott

I know this is an old thread but I just tried the 6FC the other day....I am IN LOVE. i don't know why, but it just looked so much better than a 7, and less choppy than a 5. i'm totally sold on this blade. cut like butter!

Comment

My old boss had them both, love them. I have yet to get them but will soon.
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I LOVE my 6F blade. I use it for the people who want Fluffy a little fuzzy, but still short. I used it for the body portion of a Town & country clip yesterday and the dog looked AMAZING! The owner actually screamed when she saw him, she was so excited! I haven't done much with the 4 1/2 yet. I wasn't sure if it cuts between the 4 and the 5. I thought I saw someone mention that it cuts more like a #3.

Comment

I have the 6F and really like it. Have to agree with everyone. I bought liked it so much I bought 3 more. 2 to carry in my car for housecalls and 2 for my home shop.

Comment

I love the 6 blade!!
            It leaves such a crisp finish and the owners love the length, I have been using it on alot of dogs that want shaved but fuzzy, and the owners love it!

Comment

I use the #6 blade and love it I believe I have found the "short but not shaved" look. LOL I have the #4 1/2 as well and it's not bad but I still really love the #6
              "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
              and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
              www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Originally posted by tia2370 View Post
                I haven't done much with the 4 1/2 yet. I wasn't sure if it cuts between the 4 and the 5. I thought I saw someone mention that it cuts more like a #3.
                At 5/16" it is the same length as a 3 comb , so a lot shorter than a 3 blade. Between the 4 and 5 length si a good description

Comment

While I don't have the 4 1/2, I can tell you that I LOVE my #6! Seems like it leaves a little more color in the coat, gives a plush look and feel, and doesn't make the dog look skinned. It's closer to a smooth coated appearance rather than a short one. I want to blog about it, but I want to try it on a few other coat types first. So far it's great for just about everything, especially lion cuts on those rough Nordic dogs... since real lions don't have totally naked butts

Comment

Check out the other thread

I Love my new blade started by Moonpiepoodlz,

There are a lot of reviews on there. I love both the 6F and the 4 1/2.

Comment

Working...
                    X