Help...I need Curved Shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...I need Curved Shears

Can you recommend a medium priced curved shear. The one I have now is 8.5 and I do like the length, but it just doesn't cut right even after having it looked at...I'm new...so not really sure what to get but I need to order one today...Also, if you were to order thinning shears for detail work - which ones would you order... What length curved shears do you all use ? Thanks for your input.... Happy Fat Tuesday to ya'll...

OK, what would you consider medium priced? Most people I've talked to have been really happy with the Kenchii Scorpions. I like mine a lot and they are about $90. If you need something cheaper I would recommend the Geib Entrees. If you want to spend more I like the Kenchii flippers, though I don't have a pair myself I swiped my coworkers all the time, but I don't know how much they are. Have heard good things about the 5 star as well (also by Kenchii) and I *think* that is the step up from the Scorpions. Maybe 2 steps??? If you couldn't tell, I really like Kenchii!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I have always used 8.5 inch curves. As for brand when I started out I used Heritage Stilletos and they worked great for me to learn with I have to say that I just purchased Kenchii 5-stars and LOVE them. I would totally recomend them.

On a sad side note I dropped them the other day so they are off to the sharpener. Sniffle sniffle. Its been so long since I droped a pair of shears and of course it had to be my new curves!

Comment

Kenchii Flipper 175 plus 10% off from dealer on sidebar.
        Kenchii Scorpions $89
        Geib Entrees $59 new off Ebay Thats what I have and they work great for a starter shear and they last about 6mos before I like to have them sharpened. I'm also shopping around and I think I'm going to go for the flippers next.

Comment

If you are looking for something to really plow through a thick coat and still leave a nice scissor work would be the flippers or the 5 stars both are a great shear!!

Comment

Originally posted by dgpaw View Post
            If you are looking for something to really plow through a thick coat and still leave a nice scissor work would be the flippers or the 5 stars both are a great shear!!
            >>>

I Like Talyns, Chris Christiansen, and Kenshii scorpions.

Comment

Originally posted by dgpaw View Post
              Dispay of ignorance #549: Flippers? What the heck are flippers?
              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                Dispay of ignorance #549: Flippers? What the heck are flippers?
                Flippers are curved shears that you can flip and use both sides. I think they are sharpened in a way that they cut the same whether you are cutting with the curve up or the curve down. They also have double finger rests so that you can hold them curve up or curve down. Does that make any sense? The specific flippers that people are talking about are the kenchii flippers.

Comment

Working...
                X