Peticure has vanished!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peticure has vanished!!!

I am just letting everone know that if you own a PETICURE that the company has gone under. Mine quit again and I was looking to get a replacement, after a massive investigation I contacted Dr Ronald Vaugn, the man in the commerical that petipaw put them under. So if you have a warranty it null and void. I'm out $90.

Actually from what Stephen has said they are still alive and well and an anouncment is pending.

Stephen: No I never said they are still in business. I know it may sound that way. I will clarify the status though.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
      Actually from what Stephen has said they are still alive and well and an anouncment is pending.

Stephen: No I never said they are still in business. I know it may sound that way. I will clarify the status though.
      Who is this Stephen you speak of and what is his postion with the company. If there is any way that I could still get a hold of someone I would like to get my unit replaced. All the numbers and websites are disconnected. They only number that I have is for Carly Cameran at 1-972-608-9900 and it goes to voicemail.

Comment

Originally posted by nani View Post
        Who is this Stephen you speak of and what is his postion with the company. If there is any way that I could still get a hold of someone I would like to get my unit replaced. All the numbers and websites are disconnected. They only number that I have is for Carly Cameran at 1-972-608-9900 and it goes to voicemail.
        Stephen runs this board with his many elves. Read the post above yours. It ahs some information in it.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I reliezed that this is in the wrong heading it could be moved if need be.

So guess who called me today? Carly Cameran....She at first said that they were still going and that they could when they have some in stock get me a replacement. When I said that Dr. Ronald himself said that they were out of buisness than she said that they are going out of buisness but are still here for now. So we'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. I could get conviently forgotten about..

Comment

just as I thought

Ugh!! I thought as such after i tried contacting them. Thanks for the other phone number, called and left a desparate plea that I needed a replacement too. I hope I get a call back! Thanks alot stupid Petipaws, even groomers on this board were getting the two confused.

Comment

It's too bad everyone feels the need to run to China to have all these products made for a handful of change. Disposable products create disposable companies once all those refunds and repair claims for cheaply made junk start rolling in.

Comment

I sorta agree, but reality is we should point the fingers at ourselves. We americans want the best deal we can get, so for a company to keep competing and keep profit margin we force their hand to go overseas to the cheapest place possible to get a product made.

The company I got laid off from back in 08 tried to do the same thing. All they got were headaches. They couldn't make the product half the time and what we did get eventually got returned because of defects and quality issues. Going to China to save a buck is a joke, but we have done it to ourselves. Everyone should look at the labels on the products they buy and avoid products made in China. If everyone did it we would send a message and eventually get America back to #1 and Americans back to work.

Ok I'll get off my high horse now.

Comment

the bigger problem is our counries manufacturing base is disapearing and we have no choice really but to buy from other countries as we DO NOT MAKE THE PRODUCTS HERE ANY MORE!

that is a huge problem in this country, and very political and tax motivated. Our county lost Mcgregor golf clubs, Bob's candy, and Cooper tire. All in the last few years. Their factories moved to Mexico or China becuase of chaeper labor forces and non -union laws to deal with.

We have made our manufacturing base non-competitve in the world market and asked companies to offer too many benefits and guarantee a nincome forever after retirement, which can only be maintained by higher costs of goods, which Americans balk at. Look at our Auto Industry collapsing die to the deals the labor unions struck. Retrement costs for their people are crippling them.

I am not anti union, but reason has to be used in everything and since Americans mentality of "gimme more" but I want to work less, but oh yeah GIMME MORE I am ENTITLED TO IT comes into play, they cannot stay open and compete.

THAT is why foreign made goods are cheaper. Our products were better and in many cases safer, but the companies cannot compete or operate at a profit here in many cases, so they go where they can and there are fewer controls, so the quality suffers as well.....

Comment

If anyone is still interested you can still get some here, but they are the battery powered one and I've read reviews that says that the battery dies really quickly.

http://www.mixdirect.com/Cleaning/Peticure.axd

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                      factories moved to Mexico or China becuase of chaeper labor forces and non -union laws to deal with.

We have made our manufacturing base non-competitve in the world market and asked companies to offer too many benefits and guarantee a nincome forever after retirement, which can only be maintained by higher costs of goods, which Americans balk at. Look at our Auto Industry collapsing die to the deals the labor unions struck. Retrement costs for their people are crippling them.

I am not anti union, but reason has to be used in everything and since Americans mentality of "gimme more" but I want to work less, but oh yeah GIMME MORE I am ENTITLED TO IT comes into play, they cannot stay open and compete...
                      I agree 100% Unions are great, but they took it too far. When we lived in Mi the union auto workers were making 35.00/hr for unskilled labor sticking screws in holes all day. When they became unemployed, they would sit in warehouses collecting their full paycheck and playing cards. Ford was paying union members their full salary to show up 8 hours a day and play poker and video games - sweet deal...till they drove their own industry under and had to foreclose on their McMansions. These union 'benefits' were costing Ford 100s of millions a year.

Meanwhile the engineers and white collar workers who were non union (my husband) were being forced to work 60-80 hour weeks on a 40 hr salary, or be fired. My husband would get home from work at 7pm stressed beyond belief each day - he had time to eat, go to bed, and start all over the next day. Unfortunately he has to travel out of the country on a regular basis due to so much of the manufacturing being done in other countries now.

He just got back from Mexico and said the place is building up with brand new factories at an unprecedented rate. The desert around the factories is lined up with tiny one-room concrete huts where their workers live.

Comment

I grew up in a Union Family. My father worked for alcoa aluminum for 30 years before he retired.

But I'm not a big fan of unions. At one time, way back, they served a hugh benefit and purpose. They allowed works to get higher pay, better benefits, and best of all safer work conditions. But then OSHA was formed, minimum wage act etc were adopted and unions have slowly worn out their use. Nowadays you pay union dues that go to pay for the fat cats up at the top so you can get a minimal raise.

When I worked in marketing for a more than 100 year old company in bowling green, ky we were not union. Never have been, but everyone got treated fairly to pay scales and work conditions. We would host open houses and people would tour the plant and talk about the union GM plant across town and eveyone would say its nice to be in a mfg plant that is so clean, efficient and actually see people working rather than standing around. The difference is with a non union company you work to earn and keep your keep, union your work just enough to get by until the next strike to get what you don't really deserve.

If anyone needs organized (crime) I mean unions, its these third world countires that work for nothing. They are the ones that need to come up too todays standards of living, work conditions, etc.

What the heck am I doing? I said I would get off of this High horse. I'm going to stop now before the admins bar me from posting.

Comment

Get a dremel

the Peticure was schlock from the get-go. Most professionals have been using the Dremel brand forever- Home Depot, on line hardware stores- they are everywhere.
                          Dogs either go for the machine or they don't- the weak sister Peticure was all gimmick and no substance. Pure garbage.
                          From China- but most stuff is these days - unfortunately

Comment

My ex worked for a company that was union, but a lot of the employees did not want it and did not actually join the union. A couple of years later there was a big lay off. Just a few weeks ago they called some of the laid off workers to come back, including my ex. The catch was, they had to join the union and if they did not then they did not get to go back to work. That just seems wrong to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieBeth View Post
                              the Peticure was schlock from the get-go. Most professionals have been using the Dremel brand forever- Home Depot, on line hardware stores- they are everywhere.
                              Dogs either go for the machine or they don't- the weak sister Peticure was all gimmick and no substance. Pure garbage.
                              From China- but most stuff is these days - unfortunately
                              Sigh...the grinder part of the PetiCure is indeed garbage. The Part that was VALUABLE is the CAP. THAT was he ingenious thing about it. The cap fits many dremels. That is how I use it. On my Cordless Lithium Ion Variable Speed dremel. Without the cap, a Dremel is dangerous on coated dogs. I would not use it on many dogs without the cap.

AGAIN its the CAP that was important in the Peticure design.
                              Last edited by Particentral; 02-13-10, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X