Ceramic Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Blades

I'm curious how many of you use ceramic blades? I'm in a mobile and trying to combat rust is something that requires daily attention, especially this time of year. I thought switching to ceramic might be the way to go. I know that only the cutter is ceramic, but none the less anything would help.

Do they cut as well? Do they hold up? Can they be sharpened? I have never used them so anything you might want to share I would be interested in listening too.

Ceramic blades are NOT as sharp. I have one word for you--rice. It absorbs the moisture. You are a smart boy. I know you can figure something out.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I have several ceramic blades. They don't get hot as fast. But, they don't cut as well as steel or metal blades. I've only had them for about a month or so and I'm thinking of sending them back as they had a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. They just feel dull and they are brand new. I cleaned them properly and oiled them before I started using them too.

Comment

We have one ceramic blade, got it just to try it out, I wasn't impressed.

Comment

Well, I do like my ceramic blades, have a few of them. The only problem I have is that the sharpener I was using insisted they couldn't be sharpened and started just replacing the cermic part with metal. Finally talked to the company that made them to find out, yes, they can be sharpened with the right tools, but more importantly, when I was sending the out the ceramic part most likely didn't need to be sharpened, just the comb part. And ceramic break a lot more easily, so if you're a dropper, like I am, the teeth break pretty quickly.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I despise ceramic blades. I got one free one time from Petegde for buying something....It was a 10 blade. I found that it had a drag to it or something. It felt like a dull steel blade to me. I wouldn't suggest it. But I do like the rice idea....
            Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
            Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Surprized

Wow I'm surprised at these responses,I love ceramic blades, and in my opinion they are better,they stay sharper longer and don't heat up as much.Titanium Ceramic Clipper Blades run at up to 75% cooler than steel blades! An extra low heat transfer index and friction index ensure that the blades will last longer, require less coolant spray and maintenance, and dramatically reduce the risk of clipper burns to pets.

Blades feature a cutting blade that is made entirely from high-tech ceramic materials with a 78 Rockwell Hardness rating. The super hard titanium coated metal comb has a Rockwell Hardness of 92 and is cryogenically treated for durability.

The blades hold a sharper edge seven times longer than traditional detachable blades, so they require fewer sharpening treatments. Titanium coating reduces friction and glides smoothly through coats.
              All of the groomers in our shop agree that ceramic is the only way to go,but I guess the ultimate judge on the subject will be YOU! Happy hunting and I hope this helped.

Comment

I have 2.

I have a F7 that has never worked, I HATE it. funny thing is that I bought the 7 after I purchased a ceramic 3 which I love. The performance of the 7 has turned me off completely, I will never buy another.

Comment

WOW, I'm also surprised by this negative response to ceramic blades, I love them. I have found that they stay sharp longer and cut just like the all metal ones.

Happy sending me your ceramic blades !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I personally DO NOT like ceramic blades. For me they don't cut as well. Buy one and try it out. Maybe you'll like 'em.

Comment

I got a free ceramic #10 blade with my andis clippers. I really like it. It doesn't get hot, and it cuts real smooth, and I've never had a problem with it dragging or anything like that. I used a #7 ceramic that belonged to a co-worker, and I wasn't impressed.
                      You won't know until you try. Most companies have a pretty good return policy, so I say buy a couple and get 'em a try.

Comment

love mine

I love my ceramic blades, that's about all I use.

Comment

Add me to the lovers of ceramics! I even buy the ceramic speed feed blades when I can get them because they last so much better and give a better finish!
                          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I look for a sharp blade that cuts the hair effortlessly. The ceramic blade drags. You have to move slower when using it.

Comment

Working...
                            X