So many clipper choices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many clipper choices???

I need all your grooming clipper knowledge!

I have been looking to get a backup pair of clippers, since i currently only have one..
    I'm looking for suggestions since I don't have any chances to try other types before purchasing them..I currently have a oster powermax and i HATE it. constantly gets the blades hot and very loud...and the cutting seems inconsistent if that makes sense?
    I'm looking to spend under 250$ if possible..something that is pretty light and not extremely loud..
    I was wondering if anyone uses cordless clippers, and what type they would recommend if they like them..or why you don't like them? I know Oster and Andis both have a few...
    Thank you..!

I have the KM2 by Wahl and really like it.. however if you're willing to spend $250 why not put your tips away for a bit to make up the difference and get a Laube, the mini micro is a great lightweight clipper.

Comment

One word...Switchblade. I have heard good things about the km2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth View Post
        . however if you're willing to spend $250 why not put your tips away for a bit to make up the difference and get a Laube, the mini micro is a great lightweight clipper.
        Ditto!

They don't hurt my hands like the Andis! YOWIE

Comment

I've been using the andis with the lights on it. My other clippers are Laube's, I bought the Andis cause something smashed the cord box when I moved and I haven't repaired them yet.

On the Andis I love the lights but they are heavy and the vibration sometimes makes my hand numb. My blades get hot way too fast, but I haven't had and mechanical problems with them.

The Laube's, I have the old pink variable speed mini micro. My blades never got hot, they fit well in my small hands and are very lightweight. I can't rmember them having any vibration. In fact I picked them up the other night to look at the cord and they felt sooo good in my hand, I went and ordered the pink lighted cowgirl clipper

Comment

I love my Andis. I prefer the old square body, I have small hands and they just fit better. I also have the switchblades, they are ok, but louder than my Andis and I don't usually need that much power. I've had 4 pair of Laube, none lasted me more than 6 months, this was about 12 years ago, but that was enough to turn me off to Laube clippers permanently. Especially since their customer service was, to be nice, severely lacking. Hopefully things have changed since then. I do love their speed feed trimmers and some of their other products. I have a pair of the conair dynagroom and they are very similar to my Andis. They were a gift and I was pleasantly surprised with them. I'm hoping to get an Andis 5 speed next. They are smaller and I've heard very light!
            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
            X