Favorite Kenchii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Kenchii?

I love my CC shears to death and my Jodi Murphy thinning shear collection but I wanted to add a couple Kenchii shears. I am looking for a nice pair of straights and a pair of curves for everyday use. I have been a groomer for almost 3 years so I don't need beginer, but not advanced-something mid-range. I am set on Kenchii-does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks so much! L.A.

Originally posted by Haute Dog View Post
    I love my CC shears to death and my Jodi Murphy thinning shear collection but I wanted to add a couple Kenchii shears. I am looking for a nice pair of straights and a pair of curves for everyday use. I have been a groomer for almost 3 years so I don't need beginer, but not advanced-something mid-range. I am set on Kenchii-does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks so much! L.A.
    Now, this is a topic I am passionate about. I have two sets of the Kenchii flipper curves. I love them. It allows you to cut curves in either side. If you want a curve the opposite of what you normally use, just flip them over to the other side.

I LOVE them.

The ONLY shears I have found that I like equally as them are the Geib Katana curves...

But, I use my Kenchii flipper curves SO much.

Comment

I like my Lotus, straights and curves. Given that my collection of shears leans a little towards hedge-trimmers, I consider my Lotus a great, lightweight finishing shear(s).
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I really love my Kenchii flipper curves. They are lovely shears.
        Jacob

Comment

I LOVE the Prodigy. They are one of my faves. I love my Oscillots too but those are pricier. The Shinobi are nice too. A lot of people like the 5 star, but they weren't my favorite of all I've tried. And since my coworker, well, previous coworker, had a pair of everything Kenchii makes pretty much, I've tried just about all of them. The Matrix are nice, the pink poodles and butterfly are too.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I also love, love, love my Kenchii curved flippers. Use them all the time!!

Comment

Originally posted by remy View Post
              I also love, love, love my Kenchii curved flippers. Use them all the time!!
              Ditto! And I have a pair of Niveas that they dont make any longer that are little flippers. 6 inches....I think the Shinobis are OK....byt my flippers, I have two, with different levels of curve for different uses.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

The only Kenchii's that I have are the 8" Scorpion curves, which I ADORE!!! I do plan on getting some of the Kenchii finishing shears eventually. Are the Prodogy, Flippers and Lotus finishing shears?
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                  The only Kenchii's that I have are the 8" Scorpion curves, which I ADORE!!! I do plan on getting some of the Kenchii finishing shears eventually. Are the Prodogy, Flippers and Lotus finishing shears?
                  Yes they are.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

T-series

I have the 8" straights and love them. Too bad they don't come in a curve. Guess I'll have to go with the Flipper!

Comment

Originally posted by petloverx View Post
                      I have the 8" straights and love them. Too bad they don't come in a curve. Guess I'll have to go with the Flipper!
                      If you are used to the t-series, you won't have any problems going to the flippers. I also have t-series straights and a lotus straight...

The t-series and the flippers have the same "feel" to them. They are like the same shear except for the handle. The only difference is a slight off-set in the handle of the t-series, as opposed to the flippers. You can't have an off-set handle on your flippers or you wouldn't be able to "flip" them.

Comment

So far I have the 5-star set and the T-series thinners, but I can tell you that I love all of them!

I did get to play around with a pair of Shinobis at school, and they are beastly! Someday...

Which ones are the flippers on the website? I'm curious now!

Comment

Flippers?

I too am curious. I have the five stars with the swivel s. For middle of the road they are awesome. I use them as my primary shears.

Would love the lotus, but could not afford to pay what one lotus would cost for a pair of the five stars.

Some day I would love to have the lotus series, but do tell more about the Flippers and how they work.

Comment

Orcas! I go over my whole dog as a finisher with these guys.

Comment

The flippers are curved shears with finger rests on each ring. That allows you to be able to turn the curves around enabling you to use them with curves IN or OUT depending on what you want to do. YOu can do one eyebrow for example then flip them over and do the other eyebrow with the same angle easily and quickly. Also, setting underlines, Bichon heads, setting legs in front assemblies.....you can do the work with a regular curve, but the double finger rests make it easier and give you better control.

Comment

Working...
                              X