Shear storage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shear storage ?

I am looking for some advice on shear storage. I am currently working out of a toolbox made for mechanical tools. Like ones you would find at Home Depot or walmart, about the size of a large tackle box. Its a snug fit and currently I am storing my shears in padded zippered cases that I bought at a trade show. But well I've been upgrading and adding shears to my collection and the cases are getting rather stuffed so I am considering options because I'm thinking they are getting to full and it will begin to affect the shears. What are your opions of leather cases? Any other ideas for storing lots of shears in a small space safely. Portibility is the key right now. Thank to all the great creative groomers out there.

I have aleather roll that holds 12 pairs of shears. It rolls up nicely and takes up very little space. I think I got it from Randy at Precision Sharp. I have a NICE leather folio as well, but its larger and would likely not fit in a tool box. I got it from Kenchii.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I have the metal shear holder from Petedge that I think holds 8 shears. It looks like a little suitcase. I've also seen "rolls" that hold shears, but I've only seen them at shows, don't know where you could find them.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I bought a leather shear case from 44/20 at Hershey this past year, I think it holds 20 pairs of shears, plus a large outer pocket that I keep 2 pairs in smaller cases. I didn't see it on the website since the one I have has handles (like a laptop case), but you might be able to call them.

Comment

Aussie Dog guys

have a large zippered case that holds 24 pair. I have it , love it but it wouldn't fit in a tack box. Cost is about $60

Comment

I am having a bear of a time trying to find a leather case. I really like the one from Kenchii their KEL8 model but they are listed as out of stock and have been for a while. Does anyone have a secret source that I may get somthing like it from?? I am looking for somthing that can handle 10 in shears. HELP what are your sources?? Thanks as always

Comment

shear holder

Try Madshears.com or Aussiedogshears.com
              Last edited by JeffAZ; 01-27-10, 10:36 AM. Reason: thought of another

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out

Comment

Working...
                X