Cleaning Wahl SO combs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Wahl SO combs

OK, I know I'm going to feel a little stupid, but I need to ask.
    How do YOU clean your SO combs?
    I spray mine with Clippercide, but as far as actually cleaning them, what is the best way?
    Today I spent about 1/2 hour with Q-tips and blade cleaner and cleaned off the buildup in between each of the "tines".
    Can I just put them in the Barbicide jar? Is that safe for the plastic?

I just throw mine in warm dishwater using Dawn dish soap, and scrub them with a soft bristle brush, rinse and let dry. A vegetable scrub brush works well, since the bristles are long enough to penetrate the "tines".

Happy Veggie Scrubbing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Thanks Dolly.

I knew that there had to be a better way.
      That sounds much easier and quicker than what I've been doing.
      Thanks again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dolly;371729]I just throw mine in warm dishwater using Dawn dish soap, and scrub them with a soft bristle brush, rinse and let dry. A vegetable scrub brush works well, since the bristles are long enough to penetrate the "tines".

Happy Veggie Scrubbing

THANK YOU! I'll have to get a veggie brush today
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

those brushes used to apply hair colour are good to ,for brushing hairs out between clips.I give mine a hot soapy bath and blow dry one a week or so as well.

Comment

I never thought of a veggie scrubber. I use a tooth brush and antibacterial Dawn Dishsoap. Then I still spray them with Clippercide. Never hurts to over clean the tools. hehe.

Comment

i throw mine in the tub and water and chlorohexidine shampoo and use the recirculating pump to clean them. the high velocity of the sprayer hose cleans them quickly.
              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Working...
              X