Every groomer should try this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every groomer should try this!!!

Hey all just wanted to share an idea that I had that has made life easier for me! Not long ago I was grooming a poodle and like a fool sat my scissors down on the table I was grooming to grab some thinning sheers when all of a sudden the poodle kicked my scissors off of the table and ,CLUNK ,CLINK my precious tool had a kink ,and you know how makes you feel when your on a tight budget! Anyways I got an Idea,I bought some heavy duty circular magnets to attach to my grooming arm. As I use the tools I attach them to the arm out of harms way and badda-boom-badda-big life became easier and no more kinks to ruin my day.Just thought I would share! Here are the magnets,if you wannna buy some- http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...en-us%26um%3D1
    Last edited by artman100; 12-12-09, 08:46 AM.

Neat. I think I'll try that.

Thanks for sharing.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I was told never to put your sissors near magnets, as it throws off the balance. I may be wrong, but worth checking into.

Comment

I have always kept my scissors, nail clippers, plucking knives and combs on a magnet strip on the wall and it never threw off the balance. never had one fall off either.

Working in my parents salon, they always kept their tools on the table and something would get knocked on the floor daily. I could never go back to that! At one time they had a small tool bucket but someone broke the tip of a pair of scissors when they "plopped" it into the bucket. So they stopped using the bucket with scissors to stop that happening again so instead they let them fall on the floor I guess. lol
        I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

I use a wire basket attached to the end of my table and then taught myself to never lay shears on the table but always in that basket.

Comment

Originally posted by JOZBUG View Post
            I was told never to put your sissors near magnets, as it throws off the balance. I may be wrong, but worth checking into.
            I think I heard that, but, about clipper blades.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I am a fanatic when it comes to removing my scissors off the table when I'm not using them. I either put them on my cart that sits behind me, on the window sill, and hang them back up.
              Hubby's shears spend more time on the floor than anywhere else. No matter how many times I tell him to move them off his table, he doesn't and they usually end up on the floor at least once or twice a week.
              ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
              Apparently common sense isn't all that common
              *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I am totally anal about leaving tools on my table. I have learned to be the hard way, that's for sure. I like the magnet idea! Mine are in that organizer that I posted about long ago--a wire arch that holds all the shears I go thru in a day.
                I asked my sharpener about this magnet issue a few years ago when I heard it, he said that no a magnet would not hurt anything for shears or blades. Now, he did say to keep a large magnet away from any clipper that has a battery in it, or far away from battery packs for things like your Dremmel or clippers. And also to be very careful setting the battery packs from things like your Bravura or Aarco, etc. together as their -/+ charges can cause them to catch fire. A friend of mine smelt something burning at her workstation, and low & behold, she had melted two of her batteries onto a clipper blade in her top drawer when she laid them in her top drawer together. Now that I am totally off topic...
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Would that work in a mobile because I have a couple of knife rack bars.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous

Comment

Re: Every groomer should try this!!!

I think my dog will be appreciated for your tools. Really neat and helpful.

Comment

Seems like one of our primo sharpeners would chime in here.

Comment

if SOMEONE invented a magnet based under table shear holder,,,that spins and could hold up to eight shears--would anyone buy such a thing??
                        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                          if SOMEONE invented a magnet based under table shear holder,,,that spins and could hold up to eight shears--would anyone buy such a thing??
                          *bump*
                          well, anyone?
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I have my table close to my station and on the wall I have those acrylic scissor racks. I usually put my scissors back (it is easily within reach) but I have a few times been asked by one of my other groomers to help with something.. I walk over and just before I finish the door chimes and I end up leaving them on their station.

We have an awesome leather place near us and I have asked them about making me a hip holster type thing. Like a knife holster, heavy enough to not scrape my leg but also sturdy enough that if a dog were to try to paw at it, my scissors would not be affected, fall out etc... My only issue would be when I have to walk back to the tub room... if a dog shakes I would like to have a flip top (like a gun holster) to protect them from water.. it is my dream anyhow..LOL

Comment

Art, that is such a neat idea. Thank you. I have missed you.

Comment

Working...
                              X