New shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shears

Well I self gifted myself ..I needed a pair of back up shears for when i send mine off for shaprening
    I bought 8.5" Super Gators. I will be looking foward to using them today .

Any one else have these shears????

i LOVE that zip zip noise they make when new and sharp

I love these shears! Unfortunately I messed up and had my mobile sharpener have at 'em...they don't cut so well anymore
    I've wanted to send them out but I've never done that before and wasn't sure what to do.

I self-gifted myself too. Bought the most expensive pair I've ever bought...the Kenchii Lotus 8" curves. I needed a good shear to hand-scissor with (my hand scissoring needs work, and I figured it'd be easier with a good convex pair). Right now my everydays are 8" Monk Lite curves. Love them in a 10" too. Have some Kenchii Scorpions but I dropped those and they need fixin' too

I think I am going to bolt the Lotus's to my wrist so I can't drop them. That's my biggest fear >_<

Comment

I used my new super gators and my new thinning shears ...and I don;t know if I am alone in this boat but WHY did I touch the edge of my thinners to see if they were sharp DUH Janelle ...now i have a nice slit in my right
      but I will give thimbs up to the gators .they are the classic gator shape with the feel of an expensive shear at around 4125 not a bad deal

Comment

I'm always touching my thinners and slicing my dumb dumb dumb!!!

Comment

I love my 10" Kenchii Scorpion Shears. They are awesome on a Std. Poo topknot and nice big beautiful Bichon heads. I'm saving for a pair of 8.5" Kenchii Lotus. Oh one of these days.

I also slice my on my thinning shears. What is with us groomers, huh? lol

Comment

I have a pair of the super gator curves. I love 'em, but they don't hold up well for everyday use. I use them only when necessary. For detailed scissor work and what not.

Comment

hada lotta gators

...and 10 inchers but i have found the best pair of shears now. i bought 2 pair so when one gets dull i send it off for sharpening. i NEVER use my gators anymore and i have like 5 or so

Chris Christiansen, i like the 8 inch curves. lifetime warranty free sharpening ( but you have to pay $8.50 s &h o/w warranty is void) its worth it tho cuz they do it right.

Best Shears Ever, and I'm not making any money to say that... they rule.

Comment

I have the Kenchii 5-stars with the swivel s 8.5" curved and straight. Love them both. Have been thinking about cashing in on the Oster Titanium offer that pet edge has right now. Anyone used the Oster's? Are they any good? I know several people that use the Shark Fins and they love them, but I was hoping to get a 26 tooth blender out of the Oster offer.

Comment

Wondering about tension. How do you know if the tension is set right on the scissors??

Comment

I'm not very fond of the oster scissors the weight is off for me,However I want those 26 toothed thinners also.

cindi if the tension is not correct for you, they won't work properly. you will know by using them.

Comment

Originally posted by cindi View Post
                      Wondering about tension. How do you know if the tension is set right on the scissors??
                      To test
                      for tension, hold the shears with the tips pointed upward. Lift one handle up so the blade is in a ninety-degree angle and let the blade fall closed. If
                      the blade falls completely closed the tension is too loose. Rather, it should close about two thirds of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
                        I'm not very fond of the oster scissors the weight is off for me,However I want those 26 toothed thinners also.

cindi if the tension is not correct for you, they won't work properly. you will know by using them.
                        Pretty sure you can buy one 26 tooth thinner and get one free.. you could split the cost with a friend.. both pairs for $170

Comment

Thank you Janelle!!

Comment

Working...
                          X