Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers for tiny dogs

Hello everyone!

So I have been grooming for about 9 years...and have worked with animals in the pet care service and veterinary fields for the last 20 or so.

I nicked a dog for the first time in four years today!😓 he is very tiny - weighing in at about 5lbs and a terrier mix. He is a naughty groom dog - and will throw his head around and bite for his legs even when I am just scissoring. I've been grooming him for about 6 months now. This is his 3rd visit.

I was using my #7 Andis on him and he turned his head to nip and my clipper caught that thin little skin on his neck.

I've switched to a #10 for the rest of his groom...but it made me wonder...are there any small bladed clippers comparable to an Andis or Wahl standard size clipper?

Thanks for your input and happy grooming!

That can hold a #10 blade or they are a special mini clipper with a custom mini blade that cuts like a 10?

Comment

Don't beat yourself up too much. If that is your first accident in 4 years, you're doing well. They do happen even to the best of groomers. Were you using a 7 skip tooth blade, or a 7F. Skip tooth blades are more likely to nick. For a smaller clipper, I like my Wahl Bravura with a 5in1 blade. It goes from a 9 to a 40. and comes with a variety of snap on combs. The blade is not as wide as a regular blade.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Perhaps the Barvara Mini?
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
          Perhaps the Barvara Mini?
          That is only a 30. I don't use blades on those dogs. Combs or nothing. There is a clipper by Kenchii I think that has removable blades and its small like a bravura. Qi have a. Erosion from AliExpress that does that too but I still only use combs.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post

That is only a 30. I don't use blades on those dogs. Combs or nothing. There is a clipper by Kenchii I think that has removable blades and its small like a bravura. Qi have a. Erosion from AliExpress that does that too but I still only use combs.
            I wasn't sure of blade on the mini, that's why I said maybe. Thank you for responding Parti
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Comment

I agree on using combs in this situation. Preferably the lightweight quiet bravura with a short comb.

OP you need to muzzle this dog. He may stay calmer.

Comment

Little trimmers could be used OP

Comment

Working...
                  X