Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite slicker for dematting during the bath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite slicker for dematting during the bath?

Does anyone here brush out dogs that are soaking in conditioner during the bath? What is your favorite slicker brush to do so? My coworker uses her Chris christensen coral slicker for dematting in the tub and says it works great. I would prefer to use another slicker, to keep my coral slicker in good condition.
    Any suggestions?

Tuffer than Tangles
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Cyn. I love my Tuffer then Tangles.
      I don’t demat in the tub, but I bet that slicker would be great for that purpose.

Comment

Good idea. I was using the black miracle slicker, but the tines seemed too sharp and scratchy for wet skin.
        Tuffer than tangles is a good choice, thanks. Dunno why I didn't think of that, as it's the closest thing to a cheap version of cc coral slicker.

Comment

I need some new Tuffer than Tangles slickers. Where is everyone buying them from? Seems prices have gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by holisticfitness View Post
            I need some new Tuffer than Tangles slickers. Where is everyone buying them from? Seems prices have gone up.
            Prices have gone up.....when I first started using the TNT slicker it was appx 3.58 a brush....last time I stocked up was this time last year, I think they were 8.95? I order from either GroomersMart.
            I dont use to demat in tub....but a slicked up deshed in tub, this is a perfect brush.

Comment

Yes - I remember them being less than $10/brush. I looked on Amazon yesterday and was shocked! $22.30!!!!

Comment

Supply and demand. We shouldn’t be talking them up so much here, now others want them. (Shhhh....it’s a secret how good they are...keep it to ourselves. Grin!)

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                  Supply and demand. We shouldn’t be talking them up so much here, now others want them. (Shhhh....it’s a secret how good they are...keep it to ourselves. Grin!)
                  Lol, I have said these exact words

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    Tuffer than Tangles
                    Tuffer than tangles is the best brush I have found to use for this technique.
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                      Lol..right?
                      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I agree great brush.

Comment

Coral is better. No brush burn. But I would use the Tuffer in a wet situation not my 70 dollar cc brush.

Comment

Working...
                          X