Replacing cutter on blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing cutter on blades

I am wondering if I can replace my 80s Oster cutters with ceramic cutters. Has anyone done this on those old blades. I have 10s that are not cutting anymore, been sharpened too much. I love ceramic cutters as I do cats. No they are not used on cats much but those ceramic work for me really well. Just never did a switch on my old 80s Osters blades. There made different than the new ones. Metal is more dense, so don't know if it would impact ceramic cutter or not. Thought I would see if anyone tried it yet.

Thanks

You probably could, but, the rails on the blade itself are worn down if it is unable to be sharoened again and thus a. Ew cutter would not work.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks.
      I will talk to sharpener see what he says. I know these have not been sharpen much at all. I think 4 times. If I remember correctly last one said they needed special work. Might just send them to Jeff in that case see if he can fix them. Sigh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cybercat View Post
          Thanks.
          I will talk to sharpener see what he says. I know these have not been sharpen much at all. I think 4 times. If I remember correctly last one said they needed special work. Might just send them to Jeff in that case see if he can fix them. Sigh
          You are the one who said they had been sharpened too much... I was going by what you said.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Yep, my fault in typing. It should have said, sharpened to much by non technical sharpener. Thanks.😉

Comment

Working...
            X