No announcement yet.

How long do your 5 n 1 blades last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have deep plush rubber mats around all sides of my table. Sometimes when clippers fall off no damage at all, the rubber anti-fatigue mat absorbs it so well.

Comment

They’re ****. Sometimes I’ve had them last less than a 2 weeks. I switch out my blades. A 40 will last forEVER! So will a ten if used for pads, sanis etc use only. I don’t get the craze for the 5 in 1’s. Just me though.

Comment

I screw magnetic strips 12" from harbor freight $4. on my table sides to help grab the shears before they fall.
        I put magnet blocks on table to place blades while grooming. So they don't get knocked on floor

Comment

Originally posted by wonderdogs View Post
          I screw magnetic strips 12" from harbor freight $4. on my table sides to help grab the shears before they fall.
          I put magnet blocks on table to place blades while grooming. So they don't get knocked on floor
          That is a fantastic idea. I have very limited amount of space to work on next to my table and I'm trying to create the best setup to eliminate scissors and blades getting knocked over. Thanks for that!

Comment

I’ve since 💯 ditched using the 5 in 1. I’m too heavy handed with my equipment to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailspinner View Post
              I use the Wahl Arco 5-in-1 clipppers. I love them BUT when they fall off the table, for example, that's the end of the blade 99% of the time. Why? the plastic tab holding it to the clipper body breaks off ... and for that matter, sometimes the tabs holding the clipper body break too. As careful as one is, clippers are going to fall off the table because our clients aren't statues!!!! I think the clippers should be designed for rough service. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? I usually tape the blade to the clipper body in order to continue using it.
              MG
              That back can be replaced for $5 and is easy to do yourself, or send it to Wahl and they refurbish it for $15.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                They’re ****. Sometimes I’ve had them last less than a 2 weeks. I switch out my blades. A 40 will last forEVER! So will a ten if used for pads, sanis etc use only. I don’t get the craze for the 5 in 1’s. Just me though.
                I really dislike the 5in1 blades. Yes, it’s easy to switch from a 10 to a 30, but I find the blades to be very finicky, easily jammed. I’ve never had that happen with a full size blade. Problem is that I love love love the smaller size, lighter weight, cordless convenience of the 5 in 1 clippers. I had such high hopes for the kenchii flash with its individual blades. Ugh. Went back to bravura.

Comment

4 months average.

Comment

Jeff at Northern tails sharpening refurbishes mine.

Comment

If I take extra care with them 3 months for sure. Jeff has an article at his website on how to maintain them.

Comment

I ship all the way from AK to Jeff. About 3 times a year. I baby my 5 n 1 cleaning, blowing to keep them going to the next shipment. No one I can find in AK does great sharpening for groomers.

Comment

A good 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                          X