How long do your 5 n 1 blades last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do your 5 n 1 blades last?

I keep mine pretty clean and get a few months but I see some groomers use and discard pretty quickly. Is that right?

Mine usually last 3 or 4 months with proper care
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Right about 3 to 5 months and often we send to Jeff and he restores them, but we tell him if not worth it let them go.

Comment

3 to 6 months and yes Jeff refurbishes for us.

Comment

Three months for me. Can almost set my clock by it. I only use them on clean dogs though.

Comment

About 3 months.

Comment

Only use on clean dogs, send to Jeff and recycle, and rotate new ones in ( run at least 4 clippers at a time).

Comment

I have made mine last 6 months but I clean them religiously.

Comment

Yes, about 3 months. I usually get the black blade which is more money and supposed to last longer. I also use 2. I keep my newest one for clean coat and my older one for pre bath work. Then when that blade goes, I rotate in a new blade.

Quick tip, Amazon sells them cheaper than the typical catalog companies we all use. But Amazon seems much higher in price for your regular blades like 7FC or 10s.

Comment

Maybe 4 months, but I keep them really clean read article about that at northerntail.com

Comment

Who is Jeff? I've heard that Wahl will replace or repair damaged 5 in 1 blades along with clip combs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarbo View Post
                        Who is Jeff? I've heard that Wahl will replace or repair damaged 5 in 1 blades along with clip combs.
                        Jeff is a Master sharpener, yes sharpeners can get certified like groomers but through a separate association of course. He is also a groomer. He writes LOTS of articles and videos to help groomers too. He serves groomers in many countries, not just all 50 states. His site is www.northerntails.com. Every year he appears on GroomerTALK Radio www.petgroomer.com/radio/
                        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X