Soo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo....

I have gotten awesome feedback on Groomers edge products. They mix well with my water (woo hoo, finally!) Coats look freaking amazing I can dry the dogs quickly. But my hands! Oh my poor hands are sooooooo dry! What is a groomer to do?!?

My hands used to be the same, very dry and cracked.........until.......I started to wear rubber gloves (Wal-mart for $3), the kind you do dishes in. It's been years since I started wearing them, and I now can't stand to touch a wet dog with my bare hands. Also...the grid design on the gloves makes it really easy to get a lather, far better than just your hands.

Happy shopping at Wal-Mart

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Dolly. I have tried gloves in the past. I end up with gloves full of soapy water. Might try it again and see

Comment

Groomer's Edge did the same thing to me. I could feel the tingle on my hands even with gloves. Ended up giving it all away. Used it for years with no problem, but they changed the formula and that was that for me. One of my clients even got a rash from it. Too bad, because I liked the product.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Groomers Edge did that to me too Moses.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I will be using this product unless I see problems with the dogs skin. The coats are looking amazing and they are dry quickly. Not to mention it works in my water. Ugh.... me oh my.

Comment

I wear gloves too, but I found some super long ones on amazon that won't fill with water. Search "elbow length chemical resistant gloves". I started wearing these to save my hands a few winters ago and loves bathing in gloves so much (no more touching poopy butt or eye boogies) now I wear them for every single dog, all year long.

Comment

Have you tried castor oil? I prefer it over most moisturizers, or even other oils. I put it on after work and overnight, and it is great. I've also found I get way less hair slivers in my hands.

Comment

I have always been of the mind that if it's hard on your hands it's hard on the dogs skin.

Comment

I use coconut oil overnight and some lotion throughout the day. I am dry all over but I guess I just notice it more on my hands. I am really loving the shampoo and conditioner though.

Comment

The point of soap (and shampoo) is to dissolve oils and allow them to be washed away. Anything that effectively dissolves oils has the potential to dry out skin and hair. Likewise, anything that doesn't have a drying effect is unlikely to be an effective cleanser.

Our clients are washed maybe once a week, tops. We wash our hands with these products many times per day. Of course they will dry out our skin.

I thought I would hate wearing gloves but it's great. Amazon sells elbow length gloves with elastic tops that keep your arms dry, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                        The point of soap (and shampoo) is to dissolve oils and allow them to be washed away. Anything that effectively dissolves oils has the potential to dry out skin and hair. Likewise, anything that doesn't have a drying effect is unlikely to be an effective cleanser.

Our clients are washed maybe once a week, tops. We wash our hands with these products many times per day. Of course they will dry out our skin.

I thought I would hate wearing gloves but it's great. Amazon sells elbow length gloves with elastic tops that keep your arms dry, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        Sorry to disagree but, I HATE wearing gloves (for anything) and the products I chose to use leave me with soft, NON DRY hands....winter or summer.
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I agree w/ Cyn..... I hv never worn gloves either and my hands hv always been soft. They used to be extremely dry before I became a groomer.?My husband has to wash/sanitize his hands probably 100 times a day....he is jealous my hands are in gentle shampoo & conditioner several times a day.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Completely agree Cyn.

Comment

I hate wearing gloves too. I do for vet prescribed shampoos and treatments sometimes. I do use a liquid glove twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X