Spa line natural products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spa line natural products?

I am in the process of researching for a new shop. It's to be a Spa type and I am trying to catch up on new products since it's been 10 years for me. This shop will be on a working goat farm so I wish to keep product line as natural as possible. I am familiar with Bio Groom, Natural Pet, Espree and PPP. What I would like is suggestions of others that I don't know that you all found to be good.

What I am shooting for is a upscale feel without the upscale price. I did come across the mud treatment which I will be looking more into since once a year and old dogs will be nomal. But I also am big on cats and the hand scissoring breeds. I am trying not to get into many different lines as I am a firm KISS person. 😀 What I know I will need is a whitener, tearless, Skunk remover is a major must,. Plan on shedless and flea and tick. Not opposed to more than one line but trying to keep it from many products from many places.

So please suggest away for me to research more into what works for you or what will you think I would like. Thanks all 🐾🐩🐈

These are my top staples (note, I haven't had much experience with other products, but these work really well for me):
    Bark2Basics orange citrus for the super greasy, skunky, and otherwise disgusting dogs.
    Isle of Dogs in Stay for the only sort-of-disgusting dogs (plus, I love the berry champagne scent), Stand (shampoo) and Build (conditioner) for hand-scissored or otherwise fluffy coats, and Sit (shampoo) and Heal (conditioner) for drop-coated dogs with full coat or really dry, dandery skin, and the puppy shampoo which is tearless and great for faces.
    and Coat Handler shampoo and conditioner for whitening and brightening. The conditioner is really light and has great slip for tangled coats.
    ALSO: Just about every dog gets their ears (and gross beards, if the have them) scrubbed with a Chubbs bar. They are hypoallergenic and great for degreasing nasty ears, yorkies, and the like. Cats also get done in Chubbs, and then usually and Isle of Dogs shampoo.

According to my very experienced colleagues, a shed-less treatment is kind of worthless if you already use decent products. The Coat Handler conditioner is awesome for packed undercoat as well as matts. The orange citrus kills fleas and ticks, but if you want a hypoallergenic flea and tick killer, neem oil shampoo also works really well, in my experience.

Comment

Thank I forgot about Bark2basics. I will look up CH see if it's natural or not. Chubbs bars I make my own milk soap for our water type. Benefits of owning on farm.

I have just the Polo reaction since most shedless come in with blown coats or just starting the blow. Our weather is the problem as it changes so much and dogs going outside then in blow many times a year. Love the flea tick as many like myself come from Florida and a citrus scent will be really loved.��

Comment

Look into Nature's Specialitys....I love their Plum Silky, Whiting, & Hypo. Be sure to go to groomers prices, or you might have sticker shock, lol. Groomers prices are good.
        Wanted to add I was I hard core B2B and Green Groom user (along with Chubbs, which I still swear by but you make your own)....untill I ordered sample pack from Nature's Specialitys. ....I have since ordered gallons and clients can tell the difference, a much nicer shampoo, imo.
        Cyn
        Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
        Last edited by Cyn; 06-20-16, 11:58 AM. Reason: added more
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Thanks Cyn I will get some samples to try out on my two here. These should fit the bill.

I tend to use Nature's Miracle for deskunking but would prefer a good shampooing and conditioning pair to help. They are a big issue here in the country. Will look at the citrus but if anyone has other suggestions I am open. I know from personal experience how bad skunk is too remove. My male still stinks when he gets wet even after a year and a half. I was not home when it happened brother in law was and did not bath right. It was two weeks later till I got home to work him. Ugg.

OK after looking threw Amazon for reviews on NS. I found their Smelly Pet and Odor Terminator. So going to try and see how it works. ��
          cybercat
          Teacup Member
          Last edited by cybercat; 06-20-16, 01:20 PM.

Comment

This is nice to know. I was looking into trying a sample pack of the Natures Specialties

Comment

We use mostly quadruped and showseasons.

Comment

I bought some Zen Dog products at intergroom and I like them! I will be adding their "aqua massage" senior shampoo formula to my add on services for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitewalk View Post
                  I bought some Zen Dog products at intergroom and I like them! I will be adding their "aqua massage" senior shampoo formula to my add on services for sure.
                  Is this the dog version of Wen shampoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    Is this the dog version of Wen shampoo?
                    I went to there website. It is a groomer that has made these. Not like Wen from what I çan see.

Comment

Originally posted by cybercat View Post
                      I went to there website. It is a groomer that has made these. Not like Wen from what I çan see.
                      Thanks, was just curious.

Comment

Working...
                      X