looking for a high dilution shampoo that isnt cheap in quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a high dilution shampoo that isnt cheap in quality

can anyone recommend a good shampoo with a high dilution rate? (at least 32:1) it's not that I'm dissatisfied with what I've been using, but I really need something that will last me longer but still works great. I was looking at double k ultimate. It has a 50:1 rate. for those of you that use it, does this hold pretty true? I do not use a bathing system(hopefully getting one later this year) and I knw that helps shampoo go further.

any suggestions are appreciated!

I like Deep Clean by Envirogroom. It dilutes 50:1 and even more with a bathing system

Comment

EZ Groom's Filthy Beast - 50 to 1. Works very well!

Comment

I use the double k ultimate. Clients and everyone in the hospital love the fragrance. I love the way it cleans coats.

Comment

Forgot to add--- opened the 1st gallon the latter part of February and Judy opened the 2nd gallon today. Do at least 8 dog a day - usually 10 - 5 days a week. That's nearly 500 dogs at least one bath each.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
            Forgot to add--- opened the 1st gallon the latter part of February and Judy opened the 2nd gallon today. Do at least 8 dog a day - usually 10 - 5 days a week. That's nearly 500 dogs at least one bath each.
            thanks for the info! that's what I needed to know. Going to check out the other suggestions as well. The ez groom filthy beast advertises that it de sheds and detangles too...I'll probably end up getting one of each and see what I like best. either way the shampoo will get used! (and last longer than my current selections)

Comment

Originally posted by Petekids View Post
              EZ Groom's Filthy Beast - 50 to 1. Works very well!
              where do you usually order this from? I can only find it on pet a gree and the ez groom's site.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                I use the double k ultimate. Clients and everyone in the hospital love the fragrance. I love the way it cleans coats.
                This one for us.

Comment

Envirogroom Gentle Clean 50:1 and hypo and tearless

Comment

I really like B-3, it cleans well, adds lots of volume, whitens and is also 50-1.

sittingpretty

Comment

Oh yes, on Cockerlv's suggestion. I love that one too.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions everyone! looks like envirogroom has many products I can replace my others with and last longer. even better is that groomers mall carries this brand as I do most of my supply shopping through them.

Comment

Best Shot Ultra Max is 50:1. The only problem with these 50:1 is the cost is usually higher, like $40 ish per gallon. A 32:1 may be $10 less per gallon and you get the same dollar for dollar cost per bath. I personally stopped ordering the 50:1 shampoos because my groomers forget to use just a tiny bit per mixing bottle. They were still going to the 16 and 32 fill lines and wasting it. You really need self control when working with 50:1 shampoos. A full pump on a shampoo gallon bottle would be way too much for a mixing bottle filled with water to the 50:1 mark which is right at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                            Best Shot Ultra Max is 50:1. The only problem with these 50:1 is the cost is usually higher, like $40 ish per gallon. A 32:1 may be $10 less per gallon and you get the same dollar for dollar cost per bath. I personally stopped ordering the 50:1 shampoos because my groomers forget to use just a tiny bit per mixing bottle. They were still going to the 16 and 32 fill lines and wasting it. You really need self control when working with 50:1 shampoos. A full pump on a shampoo gallon bottle would be way too much for a mixing bottle filled with water to the 50:1 mark which is right at the top.
                            oh yes, I forgot about best shot ultra max. I've used this one before but at the 50:1 rate, I was having to use so much of it bc I couldn't get a good lather. could be my water I suppose. It is hard here. Don't get me wrong, I love that shampoo, but I'm thinking I can find one that suits my needs and is a bit less cost wise but still has a good dilution rate.
                            You are right about using control when mixing shampoos. Currently I mix all the shampoos since it's just myself and one bather working. I'm super careful with my measurements. Usually I do it by the gallon so it's easier to measure. So I'm not too concerned about that, but I can see how having employees mixing a bottle at a time could create a bit of waste even if they are trying to do it right.

Comment

I second the Envirogroom Deep Clean and the Best Shot UltraMax.

Comment

Working...
                              X