Chubby bars after scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubby bars after scent?

i have yet to try out my chubby bar sample, but i was wondering if the scented ones leave a noticeable smell on the dog? the scents look so good, but it wouldn't be worth it if they don't stick to the dog.

I am a Chubbs Bar junky, lol. They do leave a scent of what ever the bar is....it is a mild scent, not a jump out at you scent. A wonderful go to shampoo bar, cleans very well, takes up very little storage space.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

oh good. our shop it trying to think of a smelly shampoo that we can promote for spring/ summer. i might just give some chubby bars a try!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovepets View Post
        oh good. our shop it trying to think of a smelly shampoo that we can promote for spring/ summer. i might just give some chubby bars a try!
        Date Night is a strong fragrance.....would be nice for spring. As a matter of fact I just got out a bar of Date Night for my girl dogs for tomorrow. Rosemary mint is a client favorite here.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I really like Chubbs bars. I don't notice a scent after the bath and drying. Don't matter, it cleans well. Scent is reserved for groom sprays and cologne.

Comment

Love the Chubbs bars fragrances. The clients always bury their faces in their pets after a Chubbs bath.
            Personally I like the Rosemary mint, date night, frost, pink lipstick, ivy baby , and the seasonal scents. I'm not too fond of the food based scents. But that's all a personal preference. Try a sampler and see what you like.

Oh, and I sometimes take a bar to cut in half to give to my best clients as a gift for those 'in between grooms' touch ups. Have also sold some of mine to my international clients who love the fragrances and the results. These bars are absolutely s travelers dream. Right now I have around five clients in France who send regulars requests. ( have told them they can do for themselves online but they prefer to use me ).

Comment

Sorry , this isn't really about the scent but I used to have a problem with my bathers getting shampoo in dogs eyes ( a half dozen ulcers and I was ready to fire the lot of them ).
              Then I had an epiphany ---- they are only allowed to use Chubbs bars on faces and there hasn't been a problem since. Also. The drooly, Tear stained faces are finally really cleaned. Love these bars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                Sorry , this isn't really about the scent but I used to have a problem with my bathers getting shampoo in dogs eyes ( a half dozen ulcers and I was ready to fire the lot of them ).
                Then I had an epiphany ---- they are only allowed to use Chubbs bars on faces and there hasn't been a problem since. Also. The drooly, Tear stained faces are finally really cleaned. Love these bars!!!
                No where does it state that it is TEARLESS.......this soap will burn the eyes, as does other shampoos..........use TEARLESS shampoo on all dog and cat heads.. PLEASE !!!

Happy going TEARLESS on all heads.....PLEASE !!!!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Tearless is just a marketing term. There isn't a standard for what it means. Any product has the potential to cause irritations, or have a pet be sensitive to it.

Comment

It does not leave any scent other than soap smell. I'm very scent sensitive and they are smelly to me when new, but no residual sent as far as I can tell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh but it leaves a funny finish in my water so when I used to use them I followed up with another product anyways... Maybe that's why

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                        No where does it state that it is TEARLESS.......this soap will burn the eyes, as does other shampoos..........use TEARLESS shampoo on all dog and cat heads.. PLEASE !!!

Happy going TEARLESS on all heads.....PLEASE !!!!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                        I think she means since it's a bar soap, its very easy to rub around eyes and not get it on the eye. A liquid shampoo is easier to drip into the eye. We all know it's not tearless and not marketed that way. I don't care what a shampoo states, do not get it into the eyes, tearless or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                          It does not leave any scent other than soap smell. I'm very scent sensitive and they are smelly to me when new, but no residual sent as far as I can tell

This is my tipping point. I think I'm going to give these bars a try. I also dislike heavy residual scents. I also have weird water, so I guess I'll get to find out if I'll need to rewash in something else.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                            I really like Chubbs bars. I don't notice a scent after the bath and drying. Don't matter, it cleans well. Scent is reserved for groom sprays and cologne.
                            I am glad for low scent shampoos as they can really clash with finishing sprays or colognes.

Comment

Me too. Except I have many customers that love the quadruped scent for the all in one and I love the way it leaves the coat feeling so nice! But I do notice the after scent in 24 hours is light and nice for 2 or 3 more days.

Comment

Working...
                              X