Mud bath crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud bath crazy

I was glad to see some others on FB saying Madra Mor is working for them. I am now up to 7 dogs getting weekly mud baths for skin issues ALL from vet referrals. We got something going on. I love it, just me, but what I love is that we are eliminating chemicals like chlorhexidine and going natural.

Two of my vets are onboard with mud baths The senor/head vet is still skeptical but slowly coming around. The last one is only interested in what adds to her bottom line in billing so she still sells tons of chemical baths and pills (but she is infamous for her 5 minute acupuncture treatments at $150 a pop).

I love the mud bath treatments for some of my chronic older pets that can't handle the chemicals of medicated baths or even flea baths.

Comment

How much do you charge extra for this service? And which formula is your favorite?

Comment

Where do I learn more about it?

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite mud (some still have plenty of chemicals in them) is madramormud.com. By the way Particentral did a video I believe on her blog about using the product. The key is to thoroughly wet the dog first. Plan to leave the product on for 15-20 minutes after massaging it in thoroughly and carefully. I wrap the dog in a towel and keep it warm. Rinse, rinse. Remember this is a shampoo and treatment in one. So you usually save a little money on the regular product you use and use just this one. The scent is light after the rinse. For skin conditions I use the Soothe even though another says good for yeasty, Soothe is perhaps a little more gentle, I stay with Soothe. For aged pets there is a mobility mud so there doesn't have to be skin issues. There is lots of good info to read on the website. The small packets are very attractive and I framed them in a picture frame and hung it at my counter (I am terrible with cameras and uploading) and people ask me all the time, what's that. Of course customers walk in with vet shampoos usually the Davis with chlorhexidine and I tell you this works better from experience, and no chemicals. But it takes a commitment of the pet owner. If the condition is bad, really 2 treatments for the first 2 weeks is best. I charge a little less for the bath but depending upon size of dog and considering the extra time of letting it sit and massage I add $15 and very large dogs $20, more product. It pays to buy the Soothe in the Gallon bottle, big savings and it comes with a pump, about 3 pumps does a medium dog. If you want to test you can buy the packets at the site and they ship fast priority mail, but savings are great with the gallon. Now what I have found is that working a miracle for the customers keeps that customer and we have had some miracles if they do the 2 times a week for 2 weeks, then 1 time a week for at least 4 weeks, and then at least once a month. You are going to have to judge each dog separately, but if they are suffering pretty bad when they come in at first, twice a week is essential. When it works it saves them vet visits and peace of mind. Some have stopped licking at the hotspots and yeasty red areas by 50% after the first treatment, but that 2nd time the same week is essential...just based on my experience. It has not failed any dog, BUT, of course, find out what the dog is being fed. To work with the vet I say ask your vet about grain free foods and study that topic, some of these dogs are being fed poorly and way too much grains. Jacqueline is real nice at Madra and will answer questions. This stuff is way better than those $20 bottles of shampoos some customers get at the vet and some vets actually ask me to tell them where to get the muds, so what does that tell you? I love giving comfort to the dogs I can only imagine that 24 hours of painful and itchy skin...most customers don't balk at my add on fee when the product works. Most of first ones have returned to every 4 and 6 weeks but the owners want me to use the muds at all future appointments as maintenance. Ok good luck and share your experiences.

Comment

I didn't realize it was a mud and shampoo in one. Can't really be chemical free than can it...
            I do love alternate therapies. I'm currently experiencing great results with Soos dead sea products which are shampoo and cond with 98% natural ingredients. I do feel dead sea mud and salts and minerals are amazing for skin. It's the madra mor from the dead sea as well??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

We tried soos for cats. I love the Madra Shed Safely for the dry skin dogs. Not sure about Absolute and your question but I do know they are detergent free, all natural.

Comment

Might have to try this. My one clients dog lost all of his hair due to a nasty skin infection. (Didn't listen to me and it kept getting worse)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

We have not tested a lot but have tried the mobility mud for 2 weeks and owner is happy. We shall see.

Comment

We switched muds from Davis after reading here. Too soon to say but I like applying and rinsing the Madra more.

Comment

I tried some mud on my hands at the end of the day and my skin felt great.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Absolute, I am going to order some and give a whirl!

Comment

Does it affect your plumbing? I haven't seen it but it sounds thick. Just wondering if it will mess up the septic and drain field.

Comment

I have seen a lot on the madra mud, but has any one used the Hampi dead sea mud or Ochah? I use the mud from espree right now but would like to try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                              Does it affect your plumbing? I haven't seen it but it sounds thick. Just wondering if it will mess up the septic and drain field.
                              It is not super thick and hasn't caused us any problems. We do about 10 a week, sometimes more. I suppose more like a medium thin pancake batter.

Comment

Working...
                              X