Tear stains in Chinese Crested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear stains in Chinese Crested

I have customers with two Chinese Cresteds. Dad asked me today what to do about eye stains on one of them. Now, they come every 4 weeks, and the faces get shaved, so there is not much hair on the face to get stained, but they are just so picky about every hair being in it's place and the dogs looking perfect. Anyway, I said, have you tried "Angel Eyes" and he said, oh, no, it's for Poodles. Then after I told him, it is not just for Poodles, he said he does not like the fact that it is something you need to add to their food, too much to remember, etc. So, he was asking if there is any topical - like wipes - to remove tear stains? I told him I will ask around. Any ideas? Thanks.

I don't believe there are any wipes that remove tear stains......or else it would be a huge selling product. Several years ago, I heard that giving dogs only bottled water helped some dogs with the staining.......the reasoning was that it didn't have iron in it......don't know if this works or is true....just something I heard.

I also heard that Angel Eyes has a mild antibiotic in it.......and a lot of clients do not want to put their dog on it....again, only heard, can't document it.

Maybe they can swipe the dog's eyes everyday with a cotton ball swabbed with contact eye solution.......like I was taught to do with Persian cats at NCGIA school.

Happy swabbing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Was just a thread last week about Colloidal Silver being used with success. Would post link but don't know how to from my phone. I just did a quick seach on this site for colloidal silver and popped right up....do a search for thread, very informative.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
        Was just a thread last week about Colloidal Silver being used with success. Would post link but don't know how to from my phone. I just did a quick seach on this site for colloidal silver and popped right up....do a search for thread, very informative.
        Yes, I remember that thread, thank you, Cyn. I will suggest it the next time I see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
          I don't believe there are any wipes that remove tear stains......or else it would be a huge selling product. Several years ago, I heard that giving dogs only bottled water helped some dogs with the staining.......the reasoning was that it didn't have iron in it......don't know if this works or is true....just something I heard.

I also heard that Angel Eyes has a mild antibiotic in it.......and a lot of clients do not want to put their dog on it....again, only heard, can't document it.

Maybe they can swipe the dog's eyes everyday with a cotton ball swabbed with contact eye solution.......like I was taught to do with Persian cats at NCGIA school.

Happy swabbing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
          Thank you, Dolly, for some ideas.
          Funny thing is, as much as the owners are picky about their dogs' appearances, they do not want to do anything that takes time, even putting spoonful of Angel Eyes in the food is "too much work" - so would be wiping the eyes (even though that will really help).

Comment

Working...
          X