No announcement yet.

Shampoo supply recommendations please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo supply recommendations please!

I own a mobile grooming business in Floirda. I like to try different shampoos and it's time to order some more. I was wondering what is everyone's favorite? I have tried Earthbarth, Natures Specialties, Best Shot, Tropiclean, Petology, Groomers Edge, And that's about all I can think of right now. There are so many good ones that I have a hard time picking. Here is what I need:

Oatmeal:
    General Purpose:
    Conditioning:
    Leave on spray:
    Specialty:

Any suggestions?

ShowSeason has lots to choose from, and coordinating colognes too. They also have an "ogranic/green/natural" line, depending on what your qualifications for those titles are... lol

Comment

My everyday is Quadruped All in One, worth it, the yucca does fabulous things for coats. I too use specialty shampoos from Showseason and their Naturals. Coat Handler and Bark2Basics are worthy too.

Comment

I stick to what works. For me it's Envirogroom Gentle Clean for Shampoo and Quadruped all in one conditioner. I always try to stick to tear less, hypo shampoos so if anyone says, oh this or that, I can say, well that's possible, BUT my shampoo is hypo, tear less, plant based, biodegradable so it's unlikely it would cause a problem.

I do have Coat Handler 15-1 shampoo and conditioner on board for certain situations, and Stazko shampoo and conditioner for a few special cases.

Comment

Learn couponing. Free human shampoo.

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

My go to shampoo is Chubbs bars. Next is Green Groom Odor Eleminator. Really like Vanilla Yogurt shampoo and Conditions for some coats. These shampoos work well with my soft water.
              I use Cherrybrook detailed spray and cologne from Show Seasons. I do keep a few small bottles of medicated from the vet as well.
              Absolute, I totally forgot Best Shot....it is great for those big hairy (and my hair, lol)
              I also like to show and sometimes sell products to my clients so I try to buy in bulk as well (don't have room to display).
              The ONLY human shampoo I will use is Tearless lavender baby wash for a facial as it is truly tearless....can't say the same for some pet facial shampoo even though it is advertised tearless.
              Last edited by Cyn; 02-18-16, 12:09 PM. Reason: added more
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I like to display some of the products I use to my customers behind the counter. They love it, and some even choose add-ons, I have sold MANY MANY Madra Mor mud baths this way. I would never want to display a dish soap like Dawn that some groomers use for more than a spot degreaser, or ANY human shampoos. I just don't cut back on product at all, but I will try to buy in bulk to save or get free shipping. Many good ideas here, I do use some Quadruped, ShowSeason, Grimeinator, Hypo+ Groomers Edge, and always have a tearless for the heads and still recommend some Coat Handler and while I don't use a lot Bark2Basics is a good recommendation to consider. These manufacturers have long histories, but I do love for big furries to blow out Best Shot is awesome and great quality.

Comment

DoubleK - Uptimate, Pearlight, ultra white and blackening. Refurbish for a deep conditioner.
                  Then , Isle of Dog - everyday series, stand and stay
                  Chubbs bars!!!! Sell these to your clients and they'll love you forever.
                  Stazko spray , Crowne Royale, isle of dog finishing sprays for in between brushing and refreshing.

Comment

I love Refurbish but it might just be because it smells so fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was given a chubbs bar to try out and cant really say I am in love. Suggestions on how to use easier

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
                        I was given a chubbs bar to try out and cant really say I am in love. Suggestions on how to use easier
                        Dog needs to be really wet, I also keep a bucket of water in tub to dip bar into if I hit a "dry" spot. I knda give the dog a massage with the Chubbs bar, AND since I also love my Yuppie Puppy brushes it scrubs the Chubbs in deep....then a very good rinse followed by conditioner of choice.
                        Last edited by Cyn; 02-19-16, 01:51 PM. Reason: can't spell
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

For mobile you really must try k9 competition. Crazy fast drying, low sudsing, works in recirc. In USA running k9 is excellent distributor. Has groomer pricing not shown on website to public, must log in. Canada people can get at http://www.canadiangroomingdistributor.com

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Chubbs bars work awesome on really greasy, grimy coats. I generally use Bark to Basics. Although I also have a few medicated shampoos from the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate all the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X