Styptic nail caps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styptic nail caps...

has anyone heard of them? We received a free sample a long time ago of the plastic nail caps that come in different sizes that have styptic in them for dogs that don't seem to stop bleeding when you kwick the nail. They were great because you just put the cap on the nail and left it! You could either take it off before the pet went home or send them home with it on to have the owner take off later.
    I wanted to look into ordering some but I can not remember who made them , what they are actually called and can not find them anywhere on the internet. HELP!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I saw them at GroomExp last year.........so far, I've only had to use it once, and it worked beautifully. At time of purchase, they were only selling the "large" size, with promises of other sizes in the future, which it still states on their site.

Stype Tips

phone # on box (412) 580-8188

phone # on website (888) 610-6640

[email protected]

www.styptips.com

Happy not having to use them :>)

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I will look when I have time....I do remember the thread about them.
      Wanted to tell you what I use.....septic power in a 1/2 capsule (can order empty on line or my pharmacy sells to me) then if you think one might bleed after you send home send some capsules of powder home with client in a VERY WELL marked bag......with written instructions.
      Ahh....looks like Dolly had the site.
      Last edited by Cyn; 11-18-15, 01:22 PM. Reason: added more
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I had not heard of these. If I worry about a nail opening again nothing better than a silver nitrate stick treatment. That is sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
          I saw them at GroomExp last year.........so far, I've only had to use it once, and it worked beautifully. At time of purchase, they were only selling the "large" size, with promises of other sizes in the future, which it still states on their site.

Stype Tips

phone # on box (412) 580-8188

phone # on website (888) 610-6640

[email protected]

www.styptips.com

Happy not having to use them :>)

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
          OMG Thank you sooooo much Dolly! You're awesome. I never did need one till the other day when I no longer had them avaiable to me. Isn't that just the way tings go. :S Kwicked a nail, and it wasn't even that bad, but boy this dog was a bleeder! Poured out like water. Put styptic powder on it three times and styptic gel twice before I got it under control. Sent a baggy of styptic home with Dad. One of those nail caps would of come in real handy.
          Thanks again Dolly!
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
            I will look when I have time....I do remember the thread about them.
            Wanted to tell you what I use.....septic power in a 1/2 capsule (can order empty on line or my pharmacy sells to me) then if you think one might bleed after you send home send some capsules of powder home with client in a VERY WELL marked bag......with written instructions.
            Ahh....looks like Dolly had the site.
            Clever. Very clever! Will have to check that out too. Might be more cost effective. Thanks Cyn.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I wouldn't be without silver nitrate sticks, talk about a seal!

Comment

Oh I am never without silver nitrate sticks......but some will go for a run and oops it DID open up again.....the capsules of quick Stop help in those cases.

Comment

Do you have to get the silver nitrate from a vet or is there mail order?

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                    Do you have to get the silver nitrate from a vet or is there mail order?
                    I have done both....ones from vet are a better silver nitrate stick and by the time you pay shipping from Amazon or whomever, the vet is cheaper...imoe.

Comment

Working...
                    X