Never hear talk about Mauro products here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never hear talk about Mauro products here

Here in Cali almost everyone I know uses Mauro even a new friend at her high end art of fur shop use it. I love it and was wondering if the word is out or is it just a Cali thing. I had questions got in contact with the owners and he basically gave me a free skin and coat seminar in the twenty minute ph call. They're based outa Beverly Hills and are what everyone speaks of over here. They have a shampoo, leave n conditioner, dry flea shampoo, flea and tick preventative shampoo, spritzes and more. U should call and try some of there samples if interested.

Not cost effective when we do 200 dogs per week. I will stick to products stocked at Groomers Choice. It may go over well at high end groom shops, but mobile not so much as clients do not see what's going on inside a van and focus on the visuals like haircut and bows. Cologne is where I spend my money. Show Season has nice variety and that's the first thing clients comment on, the initial cologne smell of their dog.

Shampoos do nothing but clean the coat. It's not worth spending a lot on it. I invest more on coat conditioners than shampoos. I use a combo of Coat Handler conditioner and Stazko spray. Can't beat the finished results.

Comment

That's the thing is most everyone's only thinking about the coat as this product is equally concerned about the skin

Comment

When I consistently see results in skin and coat on dogs that are newish to me, I am satisfied with what I'm using. I get dogs with flaky greasy skin that in two or three grooms (even the poodle I only do every three months owned by a vet tech) it's all gone I'm happy.

I agree with Tom on spending the money on conditioner. If you aren't using a super harsh shampoo, they are all pretty much equal IMHO. Conditioners however, do make a huge difference.

Most truly bad skin issues need more than shampoo intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyfoxxy View Post
          That's the thing is most everyone's only thinking about the coat as this product is equally concerned about the skin
          Skin conditions are not solved with a topical shampoo done 1X month, if that often. Skin conditions are internal, not something a shampoo will cure, unless it's a vet prescribed medicated and done frequently in conjunction with a change in diet and or medications and supplements. Even medicated shampoos have limited results. Some dogs are genetically prone to skin conditions and old dogs develop them quite often. Some dogs can be washed with anything and have beautiful skin and coat.

Comment

Sorry OP I don't know that product line. I wanted to say adding to the last couple posts that I did the test run of Madra Mor mud baths (which is a shampoo and conditioner in one) about 3 months ago. I have NEVER seen such a recovery of terrible yeasty skin by using the Soothe. We only do it twice a month now and her skin is gorgeous. Because it is both shampoo and conditioner the added product cost is very little, we add some fees for the 10 minute soak. Product of the year in my book.

Comment

I'm very new to grooming so who am I to compare, but the many groomers I'm friends with have many years of experience a couple even over 20 yrs also a certified master groomer and shows dogs. It's not much more than any other good shampoo. I've did my my homework on them so I'm sold I still use other good stuff too but a lot will be phased out and it will be my primary products. I've been to expos,talked to plenty of shampoo representatives and tons of reading here on this site and online I really was wanting to go towards best shot and still will for desheding but as of now I'm Mauro fan. again I suggest you request a sample they send a really nice sample pack. But who knows I believe no one really knows what's the best, as there are infinite product lines and no one has tried them all. It boggles my mind sometimes wanting to have the best of the best and knowing I never will know if I do or not.....

Comment

It is pretty costly but I saw they had discounted groomers prices. I did email and ask for samples.....you just never know what will work well with your water (we all have different water, soft, hard). I do agree with others though....shampoo really.dosent help with most skin conditions....it is usually a internal or diet thing...but I am always willing to try samples....might just like it for special dogs.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Cyn, did you ever get the Mauro samples to try out? I'd be interested in hearing about your results and which products you tried. Thanks.

Comment

I got Mauro samples at Super Zoo. I love the leave in conditioner spray. It smells incredible and is light weight and leaves a nice finish. The shampoos seem really nice also.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
                      Cyn, did you ever get the Mauro samples to try out? I'd be interested in hearing about your results and which products you tried. Thanks.
                      No Sandy I did not ever receive any samples.....seems a lot of companies offer samples but don't follow through with delivering them.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I just saw Mauro is a people hair care salon and product line. They ventured into pet care just like Paul Mitchell did. It will never earn respect in the pet community for that reason. The scent is fantastic and I'm sure it's based on their salon products sold in their Beverly Hills Hair Salon. But it will only be a niche product, unlike lines like Chris Christensen who dedicates only to pets and even more, the show dog community.

Comment

Working...
                        X