Shampooing on Cocker Spaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampooing on Cocker Spaniels

Currently as a use all shampoo (I use other shampoos, but I'm talking about the basic bathe and brush) I use Dog Gone Clean by Espree. Now, I love it, it usually gets the job done. But with Cocker Spaniels, I suppose because of the oils in their coats, it never cleans it thoroughly enough.
    Can anyone tell me what to do differently or if there is a certain shampoo I should be using for those scabby, oily, dirty coats that all Cocker Spaniels seem to have? (Sorry to be harsh hah)

Chubbs Bars
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I love my Chubbs Bars. They're great on greasy dogs. Can't wait to give my cat a bath with one.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Iv san bernard traditional medium coat

Comment

If you are continuing with Espree, I use their oatmeal baking soda on cockers. Scrub it into a DRY coat, then scrub again while you wet the dog. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

Comment

Jellyfish, I would also suggest you purchase 1 or 2 Yuppy Puppy bathing brushes......this bath brush will get shampoo down to skin and distributed through a cocker coat. Any shampoo will clean better with this brush (will scrub a nasty ear clean quick!).....but I still suggest you try Chubbs Bars.
            Last edited by Cyn; 11-04-15, 01:27 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

K9 competition strip, pure paws zero, baking soda, chubbs, isle of dogs stay clean, at the very least don't wet dog first,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

And second the yuppy puppy brush! It's now available at Canadian grooming distributor

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Coat Handler 15-1 on cockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    Jellyfish, I would also suggest you purchase 1 or 2 Yuppy Puppy bathing brushes......this bath brush will get shampoo down to skin and distributed through a cocker coat. Any shampoo will clean better with this brush (will scrub a nasty ear clean quick!).....but I still suggest you try Chubbs Bars.
                    What's the difference between a Yuppy Puppy brush and just a scrub brush from the dept store?
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                      What's the difference between a Yuppy Puppy brush and just a scrub brush from the dept store?
                      Have to admit I thought the same thing, I also dismissed them as being for newbie groomers or people who don't own fancy bathing systems. I figured since I have not one but two bathing systems I wouldn't need one, but I always have a little voice inside saying what if your missing out?? So I tried them.
                      In the past I have used loufahs, scrub mits and various brushes. I'm sure this is just an ordinary brush to the manufacturer but she has gone to the work of finding the right grip and bristle thickness and softness.
                      I was pleasantly surprised. I used it for a while, had my bather use it for while then stop using it. I found two things about it. Never irritates skin on my most sensitive dogs who can't handle brushes, combs or even hv. , it will remove undercoat, it will lift dander wonderfully, and the hair slides right out with pressure setting. I sound like an infomercial but I was so sceptical.
                      Could I live without one? Yes, do I want to? No!! [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                        Have to admit I thought the same thing, I also dismissed them as being for newbie groomers or people who don't own fancy bathing systems. I figured since I have not one but two bathing systems I wouldn't need one, but I always have a little voice inside saying what if your missing out?? So I tried them.
                        In the past I have used loufahs, scrub mits and various brushes. I'm sure this is just an ordinary brush to the manufacturer but she has gone to the work of finding the right grip and bristle thickness and softness.
                        I was pleasantly surprised. I used it for a while, had my bather use it for while then stop using it. I found two things about it. Never irritates skin on my most sensitive dogs who can't handle brushes, combs or even hv. , it will remove undercoat, it will lift dander wonderfully, and the hair slides right out with pressure setting. I sound like an infomercial but I was so sceptical.
                        Could I live without one? Yes, do I want to? No!! [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                        Thank you Itza! This would have been my answer as well.

Comment

I am also a fan of the Yuppy Puppy brush. I was pretty meh about the idea at first, but after using it, I would not want to be without it. I also have a fancy-pants bathing system. Well, fancier than hand scrubbing. I have a recirculating system, and I have still found the brush very useful. Flaky, funky Schnauzers and Yorkies and yeah, Cockers-- man, I have people raving and singing our praises about how we've made their dogs' skin look better and healthier than anything the vets have tried.

Comment

Working...
                          X