de-shedding shampoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-shedding shampoo

Hello Everyone, I don't get on here as much as I'd like to. With studying, the house, life, and grooming I barely have time for myself. I had a king Shepherd today. What a sweetie. The previous groomer was shaving him down but I explained all the cons and they decided to not have him shaved anymore. He shed tons. My floor looked like it was a snow storm. Before the bath I de-shed him for 30 min. then finally figured we need to get on with the bath. After he was dried (I won't even go into how long that took) I de-shed again and he shed mountains of undercoat. The next time I"d like to use a de-shedding shampoo. Does anyone have any input as to whether they really work? How they work? and the name of a good manufacturer. Thanks.

I've never experienced any difference in the shampoos....... Jodi Murphy has a DVD on deshedding.......deshed in the tub during the bath, this way all of the hair is contained and not floating around. Use your slicker brush and your bathing system, continue to brush. Any hair that is left will be lifted off during HVing. Make sure you are not taking out too much of the coat, as when you use a TerMinator.

Happy deshedding gently

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I like Chrome and Amino Flex by Show Season in Combination. Chrome first on dry coat brush in add water then . Amino flex on top of Chrome do not rinse brush in and add water, Then rinse well and brush. HV and brush as you go, cage dry for awhile and then brush again. Takes about 1 to 2 hrs and you have a nicely de-shedded dog

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        I've never experienced any difference in the shampoos....... Jodi Murphy has a DVD on deshedding.......deshed in the tub during the bath, this way all of the hair is contained and not floating around. Use your slicker brush and your bathing system, continue to brush. Any hair that is left will be lifted off during HVing. Make sure you are not taking out too much of the coat, as when you use a TerMinator.

Happy deshedding gently

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
        Dolly, I used a rake before the bath, a curry in the bath, and the slicker after the bath and finished up with the loop de-shedding tool. How do know when you are taking off too much coat? I was careful not irritate his skin. I don't think any of these were even able to penetrate his fur. I really wouldn't want to take off to much coat and didn't realize it would even be possible. I read somewhere that after de-shedding you should only be able to get app. 1/2 a slicker brush of hair after going over the whole body again. How do you know when you have taken off too much coat?

Comment

Been using the best IMO www.bestshotpet.com for many years.

Comment

You cannot go wrong with Best Shot, agree coldnose.

Comment

I have always had good luck with best shot. But my best advice is to make sure the dog is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.
              It is so difficult to get coat out of a dog who is even just a bit dirty or filmy.

Comment

I swear by Best Shot Ultra Wash, but as Nitewalk said the dog has to be super clean also! I do my regular wash (however many baths it takes!) then I use Ultra Wash shampoo & lots of it. Let set for a couple minutes, then add some more water and lather up real good. Rinse. Follow with Ultra Plenish Rinse, rinse, HV, & towel dry then add a good bit of Ultra Vitalizing Mist . Really De-Sheds well. However, I am on the other side when it comes to shaving. Nothing De-Sheds like a #7 blade & I shave my pug #5 against every 8 weeks or so. My Aussie gets a #7 every summer because we love the water & the mud. Full coat takes an hour and a half to wash & dry after a muddy day, not much fun at ten o'clock on a Sunday night. When she is shaved, it takes 10 minutes. I chose NOT to go to the reservoir once because of the clean up time & decided NEVER again would I deny my dog a fun day because I don't want to wash & dry all that hair!!

Comment

Love Best Shot with HV

Comment

I'm going to order the Best Shot Trio but I'm looking at Ren's and there's BS Ultra, Ultra Max, and Plenish. Can anyone enlighten me as to which kind they use and what the difference would be.

Comment

Ultra probably. That is the mist I use. Love Ultra Vitalizing mist but just not in love w shampoo/conditioner. Maybe will try again.

Comment

I use best shot ultra on my hair......Cherrybrook on groom dogs. Both are about the same except for smell, Cherrybrook is oderless
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I use and absolutely swear by the envirogroom de-shed shampoo and conditioner. It's lifts and washes out undercoat as if it was dirt. It has literally cut my deshedding time in half on my heavy Coated breeds. And the best part is its hypo allergenic. Huge fan of the whole envirogroom line of shampoos it's all I use at my shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X