Collar Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collar Bows

Hi guys, does anyone have instructions and or pictures for collar bows? I tried doing a search for them but didn't turn up much. Thanks!

I make collar bows out thicker ribbon and just do the same design as smaller bows. I cut the length of the ribbon 12" and generally use 1 1/2" ribbon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keyray/D...ForMakingBows#

The picture is of my collar bows.
    Attached Files
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I just do a larger version of the "fluffy bow" that Melissa Verplank does.

Comment

Keyray you should sell those! I would buy them!

Comment

Originally posted by terrimeyers View Post
          Keyray you should sell those! I would buy them!
          Thanks!!! Unfortunately I can barely keep up with the demand from the three other groomers. I sure do love making them though.
          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

If you're using that groomer/acetate ribbon you get at ryans or petedge take your hand and wrap the ribbon around it 6 times for one color or 3 if using 2 colors. Cut the ribbon and slide it off your hand as to keep the loop intact. Then fold the loop in half and at the crease trim the edges off to make point. Open folded loop and wrap rubber band around the center. Then fluff the bow out by taking each individual loop and pulling 1 forward and 1 back (if using 1 color) and 2 forward and 2 back (if using 2 colors).

Comment

For a large collar "bow" I'll take several sheets of shimmer organza cut to a similar size, place them on top of each other on a flat surface, start at one end and "scrunch" my way to the other end with my index fingers, pulling the organza sheets into a compact line. I then take a large orthodontist band and wrap that around the middle.

Once the sheets are bound with the rubber band I pull the upper corners up and the lower corners down, so the respective corners touch each other. Give a couple of firm yanks to keep them in place. Then take the uppermost sheet and firmly pull and fluff it away from the lower sheets. Then repeat with the second sheet. Then take the bottom sheet and pull it firmly downward from the other two.

The result will be a fluffy, dressy, shimmering mound of organza. I will often substitute a sheet of sparkling tulle for the top sheet to give it a twinkle.

I do the same for "ear bows", only on a smaller scale.

Very low tech, very economical and the customers love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
                For a large collar "bow" I'll take several sheets of shimmer organza cut to a similar size, place them on top of each other on a flat surface, start at one end and "scrunch" my way to the other end with my index fingers, pulling the organza sheets into a compact line. I then take a large orthodontist band and wrap that around the middle.

Once the sheets are bound with the rubber band I pull the upper corners up and the lower corners down, so the respective corners touch each other. Give a couple of firm yanks to keep them in place. Then take the uppermost sheet and firmly pull and fluff it away from the lower sheets. Then repeat with the second sheet. Then take the bottom sheet and pull it firmly downward from the other two.

The result will be a fluffy, dressy, shimmering mound of organza. I will often substitute a sheet of sparkling tulle for the top sheet to give it a twinkle.

I do the same for "ear bows", only on a smaller scale.

Very low tech, very economical and the customers love it.
                do you have any pictures of your bows? they sound neat

Comment

Not sure

if this will help with the collar bows(could) but here are how too instructions all all sorts of bows. For kids, but I think a bow is a bow. Very cute website. girlythingsbows.com

Comment

Working...
                  X