I use the Breath Healthy face masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use the Breath Healthy face masks

I bought two of them and I find them to be comfortable. Yesterday I hand washed one with a squirt of doggie shampoo that I had beside me, squished the masked in my hands under the running water for a bit, rinsed, airdried, and perfect, it was brand new again. I want to save my lungs.

I was looking for fashionable face masks and I happened upon their website. They were affordable so I decided to give them a chance. I have no regrets about buying or wearing the Breath Healthy masks. At first I felt like I looked weird only because people don't see many groomers wearing masks, but we have to stop sucking in dirt, sharp hair blades, blunt objects like toenail shards, and anal gland aroma, yuck. If the hair is sticking in the crook of my elbow surely it's damaging that that I can not see, my insides.

I heard that the phrase "groomer's lung" was coined because of the long term negative effects that the grooming environment has on the lungs. I would like to convince all my fellow groomers to learn to breathe behind a mask. Sometimes I find myself deep breathing when I'm wearing it because I realize that the air I am breathing is filtered. I asked my groomer sister once if she knew how long the life expenctancy of a groomer was. I wonder?. She uses a mask too. Before I decided to wear masks, I started noticing myself unintentionally holding my breath in an attempt to not breathe in when I was grinding nails and blowing out the coat.

All that to say, I found a mask that I like and I don't mind wearing it. Let's all wear masks so we can breathe longer.

I just ordered some today for me and my bather. I'm looking forward to using them, especially for dremeling!!!

Comment

i ordered some a couple weeks ago and I like them too. I only wear them when I am blowing out dogs, or using a nail grinder though. The one issue I am having with these, is when I wear goggles too, my goggles fog up, I haven't been able to find the right fit that will not cause this. Any tips?

Comment

I love mine! I have the one with skulls and roses and my clients get a kick out of it, lol. I also really like the smell-y good antibacterial spray they sell to cover those "less than pleasant" aromas. Haha. Good for you!
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Got mine a few weeks ago and love these masks. I don't feel smothered when I'm wearing it.

Comment

I just wrote a blog about the Breathe Healthy masks if anyone wants to take a peek. I love mine!

http://groomwise.typepad.com/go_mobile_and_succeed/
            Last edited by wet noze; 09-09-10, 04:52 AM. Reason: added the link
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Safety glasses

Originally posted by brownlikewoah View Post
              i ordered some a couple weeks ago and I like them too. I only wear them when I am blowing out dogs, or using a nail grinder though. The one issue I am having with these, is when I wear goggles too, my goggles fog up, I haven't been able to find the right fit that will not cause this. Any tips?
              Safety Glasses will work in this case. They offer protection along the sides and still keep all the **** out of your eyes. We use them in the fire department and on medical calls.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by brownlikewoah View Post
                Not to be gross but spit on your goggle lenses, swish around on the lense and then just rinse with water- this will prevent fogging. We do it snorkeling all of the time... old trick.

Comment

I have these masks. They make one that's like a "honeycomb" material so the hair doesn't stick as much. The honeycomb ones don't come in cute fabrics, just solid colors, but I prefer that myself.

I, too, like them for drying especially. I hate the "gunk" that I see on the walls surrounding the tub going up my nose and in my mouth. YUCK! If it's on the walls around you, it's in the air you're breathing, which means it's IN YOUR MOUTH and NOSE! Now THAT'S gross!

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Love my Breath Healthy face mask

I got mine a couple of months ago. I use it when blowing out shedding coats. It really is comfortable and find my glasses don't fog up when I have it positioned properly. After each use, I just blow hair off with high velocity dryer. My associate still uses the Medical masks and is always apologising to customers saying she is not sick, just allergic to fur. I find with the fun dog design on my mask its pretty obvious what the mask is for and don't feel compelled to explain it to my customers.

Comment

I ordered mine because of this post. I've been looking for a better mask than the ill fitting things I bought at WalMart. Thank you so much for posting!

Comment

I got 2 today at the Expo and am excited to try them!

Comment

I have one, the honeycomb one so hair won't stick to it. I'ved used it a few times with the big hairies. I hate it though. It's hot, my face gets all sweaty, my glasses fog up (even with gracie rose's suggestion). The only reason I still use it is because I don't want all that grossness in my lungs.

Comment

ordering some asap... Ive been a bather for a year and now grooming for 3 months and already my sinuses are shot..

The first place I worked at after college was the size of a closet and I was on the floor blowing ot huskies and retrievers... it was aweful and I can always feel hair in my throat

I can't imagine the issues I'll have in 50 years if I already feel the effects now.

Comment

I'm also ordering one of these this week. Just found out I have asthma!

Comment

Working...
                              X