Tropiclean Fresh Breath?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropiclean Fresh Breath?????

I am hoping to get positive feedback about Tropiclean Fresh Breath/Clean Teeth Gel. I bought some the other day in a (probably futile) attempt to improve on my old man Cocker's teeth. He can't go under anesthesia because of his health and his teeth are HIDEOUS. I know his days are limited but I would really like to make his final ones as pleasant for him (and us) as I can.

I just started using it Tuesday so I don't have an opinion as of yet. If anyone has any suggestions on anything else I can do to help I would be GREATLY appreciative! He licks his paws a lot and the smell is awful.
    SheilaB from SC

My co-worker uses it on her toy poodles and has had AMAZING results so far. Dogs that she thought she was going to have to take in for a dental no longer have tarter. It is pretty good stuff!

Comment

Just got our shipment of it today.. I've heard great stuff about it though.

Comment

What (if any) is the difference with this product and the PetzLyfe or the Plaq Clenz? All are pretty similar with the exception of the water pick-type tool of the PlaqClenz. Has anyone used each of these?

sittingpretty

Comment

Tropiclean has a boatload of citric acid in it & some zinc. That's all I know.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Petzlife doesn't break off the plaque that the pik claims to, instead it dissolves it using grapefruit and grade seed oils, thyme and a whole slew of herbs. It does awesome though and they guarantee that the hard build on plaque will be almost gone if used daily for 30 days. We use it on our fleet of mobiles so we don't have to use toothbrushes. I haven't tried the tropiclean version, but when I examined the label it had a lot of the same active ingredients as the Petzlife so it probably works.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
              Tropiclean has a boatload of citric acid in it & some zinc. That's all I know.
              I don't see any citric acid listed in the ingredients of the Fresh Breath Clean Teeth Gel from Tropiclean, nor zinc. Where did you obtain this info?

Comment

Originally posted by huskylvr View Post
                I don't see any citric acid listed in the ingredients of the Fresh Breath Clean Teeth Gel from Tropiclean, nor zinc. Where did you obtain this info?
                From the label. i was in the feed store looking at it a couple of weeks ago.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

It's been exactly a week today that I have been using it on Joe, and I really do think I am all ready seeing an improvement. It might be just wishful thinking on my part, but the plaque doesn't seem quite as thick as it was when I started and I think the color of the plaque also be a little lighter. His breath doesn't seem quite as toxic either.
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                    From the label. i was in the feed store looking at it a couple of weeks ago.
                    I see citric acid in the water additive, but no zinc in any of the products, especially not a "boatload". R u sure you are thinking about the right product(s)?

Comment

I picked some up at Intergroom and just started using it on my dog this past saturday. So...too soon for me to tell too! I'm going to try to take some pics so I can compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoduck View Post
                        I picked some up at Intergroom and just started using it on my dog this past saturday. So...too soon for me to tell too! I'm going to try to take some pics so I can compare.
                        Would love to see the pics!

Comment

I think it is working. It was harder to get a good pic than I thought...but I got an ok before one. I will try to get another pic this weekend which will be two weeks. I'll post them in a few days.

Comment

I wonder if it would be ok to use on my sick AIHA girl.

A bad side effect of her prednisone and or Atopica ( cyclosporine) makes her gums thick and black. OMG yes, they are black. Weird huh? But I don't want to put her thru anything unpleasant. An easy gel would be ok if it helps. She sure doesn't need any extra bacteria in her mouth at this time.

Comment

OK...the first pic I took didn't come out as great as I thought it did. I took a pic yesterday that came out much better. I'll give it another week then take another pic and post them. I am about 2 weeks into it. I have been doing it every night - with a few exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X