Ice on Ice vs The Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice on Ice vs The Stuff

For those of you that have tried both, which do you prefer and why? Ive only tried ice on ice so far and did like it, but Im looking forward to finding out if the stuff is pretty much the same thing or if it offers anything different.
    I liked that the ice on ice made the deshedding process seem to go much easier. I also love how the dogs coat feels so slick and soft being sprayed with ice on ice. I hope to find out that the stuff is just as good.

I have to chuckle

I used The Stuff in the rinse water on the Goldendoodle in my avatar, and then Ice on ice after he was dry. Mom loves how silky and soft he is. I use The Stuff on most of my dogs as a rinse. I also like Abra ka Dabra and the scent of it. Very similar to me all 3. If I had to guess which was which I probably could not tell which was used.

Not any help, am I?

Comment

I've tried really really hard to like Ice on Ice. I bought a whole bottle, used it up, still on the fence. My boss recently got the trial size and I tried it again hoping my opinion had changed. It didn't. I'm definitely a The Stuff girl. It just works better IMO.
      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

I have both Ice on Ice & The Stuff and I find I like them both, but for different coat types. I like Ice on Ice for my longer or silkier coats. I have a Cavalier and as a result have alot of Cavalier clients and love Ice on Ice for them. Also have a few Yorkies & Maltese who get left longer and use it on them. The Stuff I use on coarser or thicker coats like anything Poodle & Poodle/mix or dogs with alot of undercoat like Poms.

Comment

My vote is for the Ice on Ice. I like the Stuff, but don't like that it is scented. I have chemical sensitivities, so I'm always looking for product with no fragrance added.
          Not sure about getting being able to keep a steady supply though, as it's no longer available through the Canadian suppliers I use. I know I can order from US companies, but it's a pain in my tush.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I use ice on ice as an end finishing product. Doesnt' the stuff have silicone in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Crazy View Post
              My vote is for the Ice on Ice. I like the Stuff, but don't like that it is scented. I have chemical sensitivities, so I'm always looking for product with no fragrance added.
              Not sure about getting being able to keep a steady supply though, as it's no longer available through the Canadian suppliers I use. I know I can order from US companies, but it's a pain in my tush.
              Rens has ice on Ice!
              I have the stuff and liked it but I'm wary of using on regulars because of the build up but I am going to try the I on I next time. I thought I read somewhere that I on I doesn't have silicone.

Comment

I love Ice on Ice. Spray it on when the dogs are wet to speed up the drying, then brush it or furminate it into finished coats to shine them up.

I thought The Stuff made the coats sticky, and it stinks.

Comment

The Stuff does have silicone in it. I was told by customer service at Chris Christensen that Ice on Ice does NOT contain silicone.

I personally like The Stuff for client dogs, but I do not use it on show dogs. I also like Ice on Ice for the drop coat type breeds, it seems to give the hair a better texture than The Stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth View Post
                    Rens has ice on Ice!
                    It's discontinued there, as well at The Pet Supply House.
                    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Crazy View Post
                      It's discontinued there, as well at The Pet Supply House.
                      oh weird... I just was on there the other day and almost ordered it. They should take it off the website it they don't have it anymore. I'm disappointed, I wanted to try that when my bottle of the Stuff was gone.

Comment

I don't like Ice on Ice at all. Don't like their products in general. I do like The Stuff a lot!!
                        A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

What is the difference between The Stuff/Ice on Ice/ and Quicker Slicker? I LOVE Quicker Slicker and use it on almost every dog!

Comment

ice vs. stuff

I personally can't stand The Stuff, I tend to have ver sensitive skin and the scilicone in it really bothers me and makes my hands all itchy. Plus the floor all around my table gets really slick and it's everything I can do not to slip on it. I just got a sample bottle of ice on ice. I haven't used it on any dogs yet, but I tried it on my hands it feels great

Comment

I like

I like The Stuff. It really helps with deshedding and gives the dog that super clean 'slick' feeling. I don't really feel like it has a smell (at least after it dries).

Comment

Working...
                              X