Happy Hoody question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Hoody question

I am planning on buying some happy hoodies when I go to Intergroom. My question to everyone here is how they use them. Do you wash them after each dog like towels, or use them over and over like a muzzle? OK, most places I have worked only washed muzzles about once a week. I need to know how many I should buy and I think I remember they are $10 a piece. Thanks.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I always wash mine in between uses- I would never reuse a hoody, towel or muzzle unless the dogs I'm using them on live together. And even then most time I do not reuse.

My hoodies go in the laundry with my dog towels- bleach, hot water and then hot dry. Since I do a load of dog stuff every other day, I bought enough hoodies to last that long.
    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

I didn't buy the happy hoodie but I think they were a little bit more at the pasadena expo. I did go to walmart and buy some micro fiber towels and I noticed that they also sell them at sam's club. They are the size of a large wash cloth. I wrap them around the head and then secure with a clip. Works geat and the head feels dry buy the time the rest of the body has been hv. Only have to use the dryer on the head barely at all. They came in a pack of either 8 or 10 and I do wash after each use so I'm not using the same towel on each dog. So if I were to use the happy hoody I would buy enough so I wasn't using the same one on each dog.

Comment

I wash in between each. Romani had two to a package last year for $10, try them before cherrybrook

Comment

I could be mistaken but think I remember buying them on sale at the Happy Hoodie site itself last year- you could also check there.
          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Wash/treat them as you would your towels. I do have some name brand hoodies, but a few months ago we got a deal on some terry cloth headbands made for the human spa industry. They work great too on small dogs (with a clip) or with a towel underneath for larger animals.

Comment

I wash mine after every use. I have about 8 some are loosing their elasticity so they are hitting the trash, but the more the better. I think they are only 15 for a set on the actual site.

Comment

I thought of one other thing. I use way more large hoodies than small. The smalls I just use on toys & dogs with really small heads, but mini poos & schnauzers & especiailly small dogs with big heads like shih tzus all get larges.

Comment

At Intergroom go to the Stylist Wear booth- they have these bands/hoodies that I purchased earlier this year for our vans and the girls love them.
                  They are selling them until they are gone (they are a discontinued item) and are sold for... $1 each! If anyone can remember the ladies name who travels to the shows (Curly long blonde hair) and is the VP for Stylist wear, you can call her and tell her you want their grooming hoodies that Kristen mentioned for $1 each and she will know exactly what you are talking about. I have shared these in a few of my seminars and everyone loves them.

Comment

Silly Question

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                    At Intergroom go to the Stylist Wear booth- they have these bands/hoodies that I purchased earlier this year for our vans and the girls love them.
                    They are selling them until they are gone (they are a discontinued item) and are sold for... $1 each! If anyone can remember the ladies name who travels to the shows (Curly long blonde hair) and is the VP for Stylist wear, you can call her and tell her you want their grooming hoodies that Kristen mentioned for $1 each and she will know exactly what you are talking about. I have shared these in a few of my seminars and everyone loves them.
                    Do you use these for the dogs or the girls? I see them on their website. I just purchased a set of Happy Hoodies to try out. had to use a towel in a pinch. Would love to get these if they work for the dogs.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                      At Intergroom go to the Stylist Wear booth- they have these bands/hoodies that I purchased earlier this year for our vans and the girls love them. They are selling them until they are gone (they are a discontinued item) and are sold for... $1 each!
                      So, Stylist Wear not only steals Jodi's apparel designs, but they do a cheap knock-off of the Happy Hoody as well? Hmm, I'm all for competition in the American marketplace but the more I hear about this company the less impressed I become.
                      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Spa Line

The bands are actually part of their spa line for humans. I think that because of the price ( I can't speak for her) that she bought a bunch and used them on her dogs instead of humans.

I checked them out on their website. The bands may be a cheap alternative to the happy hoodie but not claiming to be a dog grooming product at all. Not defending them because they are knocking off other's work.

Comment

Never asked for it

We actually never brought these to a show or even attempted to market them for dogs until one of the speakers at a grooming show saw our spa catalog and asked us to. They started bringing people to us and asking for us to take orders for them. I was as amazed as anyone. We sell them for $1.00 because they are a clearance item in our line for the human beauty industry. Take a look at our site, you will see it on a lady in spa apparel under the Salon and Spa categories. Nowhere do we market it for animals.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                            I am planning on buying some happy hoodies when I go to Intergroom. My question to everyone here is how they use them. Do you wash them after each dog like towels, or use them over and over like a muzzle? OK, most places I have worked only washed muzzles about once a week. I need to know how many I should buy and I think I remember they are $10 a piece. Thanks.

I don't use that brand, but I'd wash them after each use. I wash muzzles after every use, I'd never use a muzzle "over and over". Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                            X