How do you use your results rinse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use your results rinse?

When I read the BGS by coat type it is often used in between the shampoo and conditioner but does anyone use it after shampo and conditoner as to remove conditioner residue?

what is BGS? I usually use it after shampoo... when I'm using it I don't use a conditioner b/c it acts as one. I really don't know how it works exactly but if you used it after conditioner wouldn't it take away it's effectiveness? Maybe Barbara Bird will chime in!

Comment

[QUOTE=elizabeth;404755]what is BGS?

Bathing, Grooming & Styling by coat type material I downloaded from Nash Academy.

It tells you to use shampoo then Results Rinse and then conditioner for some coats

Comment

If you read the bottle it will clearly tell you not to use RR before conditioner! Conditioner negates it's effects. It does act as a conditoner but it's not heavy by any means. It's mainly to fluff and crisp coats. It "sets" the coat. It can help retain color, will make scissoring easier, texturizes, helps keep coats hard, will fluff, can condition, can be left in, will not build up or leave residue. It is not heavy enough to wash away conditioner; the condit stays in the coat. Does that make sense?
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
          If you read the bottle it will clearly tell you not to use RR before conditioner! Conditioner negates it's effects. It does act as a conditoner but it's not heavy by any means. It's mainly to fluff and crisp coats. It "sets" the coat. It can help retain color, will make scissoring easier, texturizes, helps keep coats hard, will fluff, can condition, can be left in, will not build up or leave residue. It is not heavy enough to wash away conditioner; the condit stays in the coat. Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense but it is considered a product stabilizer is it not? I haven't read the bottle in a while I'll have to re-read it.

Comment

If i need to use conditioner on a dog, lets say damaged coat or a matted one then it's conditioned. If i am working on a poodle or long styled Shih Tzu then i grab the RR. I do not use conditioner and RR on the same dog. One or the other. RR acts as a conditioner. The proper dilution will indicate usage.
            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

*shrugs*

I usually don't use both on the same dog either but it saves me so much in drying time (timed myself drying a maltese today-5 minutes! And I had to work with him a bit too) that if a dog is particularly long or thick and I need to use conditioner, I'll slip in some RR to help speed things up.
              There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X