Towels!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towels!!!

We desperately need more towels in our shop. Half of our supply have holes or are all ripped up. Where do you all buy your towels? Is there a specific brand that you use? How much do you usually spend on them? How many do you buy at a time? We have gotten most of ours at K-mart when they're on sale, just plain white bath towels. They're not too thin and absorb fairly well, but on some dogs I have to use several to get enough excess water off to start HVing. Suggestions pleeease! Thanks!

talk to your customers!!! Seriously, most people have old bath towels that are fine in themselves, just older, and they're happy to get rid off! You can offer a free facial or something on their next grooming as thanks, but most will be happy to just offload them and know they'll be used well until they're totally done!

Comment

Walmart has some pretty good ones for under $5. Seriously. You have to wash them several times before use, but, they are a great bang for the buck.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I either get them from clients or I go to the second hand shops and get them for 2 or 3 dollars each, you can actually get some really good quality ones, of course you need not be fussy about the colours you end up with.

Comment

I got a lot of mine from goodwill & wally world, but I have a towel service now Best thing I've ever done! I don't have room for a washer/dryer at work and it was getting bothersome toting them back and forth to the laundromat, so for a little more than what I was spending to wash and dry my own towels, I get them delivered weekly. Now, they are not the big fuffly towels like you would use at home, but they work just fine and if I have to use more than one, then it's ok.

Comment

walmart used to have towels for 1.50 each, not the greatest people bath towel but work perfect for dogs. It seems they have gone up a little in price but I cannot remember how much although not more than $2 a towel. They last me about 2 years, then I turn them into 'bed' towels-meaning, I can double them up and put them under small to medium dogs after I am finished w/them in case they pee. I do not used kennels with grates.

Comment

You get what you pay for.

I got my at the Big Box department stores when they were on sale. Ten buck towels for six bucks. That sort of thing. Big, thick and thirsty. One of those sorts will blot the excess off a Golden.

Wally World has a brand they claim dries after washing significantly faster than other towels of equal quality. I have found that is true. "Canopy", or some such name. I believe full price they are six or seven bucks apiece.

Comment

thrift stores,yard sales?

Comment

I'd tap your customers first as well. Offer x off for each towel or a free add on for x number of towels.

Comment

towels

I get my towels from walmart. they used to be 1.50 a towel, now 1.75 per towel. last about a year for me and do good for grooming.

Comment

Thrift stores and client donations!
                      Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Yep those are the towels! The now $1.75 towels at walmart. I do not spend more than that on 'dog' towels. If I have a big hairy I just use 2 or 3 towels, or make layers out of the old towels. Dog towels sometimes get shredded thats why I wont spend more. I do however buy the nice thick towels for me, lol.

Comment

I still would rather use the moisture magnets. Two bucks or less as the major suppliers and I can fit 50 into my washer and dryer!

Comment

See if you can find a towel cleaning service, ours sell used Hospital towels by the pound, REAL cheap!!! I have towels I will never use I have so many of them!!!

Comment

Sams club 8 for $19.99. They are white towels like hotels use. I like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X