What is the best Hypo shampoo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best Hypo shampoo??

Hypo shampoos seem to always clean ******, the groomer's edge one SMELLS terrible.... And some the dogs still get irritated by.
    I've tried samples of Les Poochs and I THINK their hypo MIGHT be the best. I guess it comes down to if those two dogs itch afterward. I don't think the pricing is that bad, $50 a gallon, dilutes 25 to 1, it would last forever. I just don't want us to use "****** hypo" I'd still like the hypo dogs to get the best. I thought the LP hypo cleaned great, and the dog felt great.
    Before we were using the pet edge hypo because we kept getting free samples of it. Tried coat handler maint(I know it's not a hypo but it is fragrence free), Espree, pure pet....
    Any input?

I've tried a bunch over the years. I really like HyLyt the best...but it's cost prohibitive.

I picked up a bottle of Nature's Specialties Hypo-Aloe-Genic at Hershey in 08...and have loved and used it ever since.
    I use it on my "skin" dogs, my "allergy" dogs, my "sensitive" dogs, and on puppies, and faces.
    It's not the cheapest on the market...but it is (if diluted in accordance to directions) very economical.
    If you haven't tried it yet...try a little bottle of that one.
    Oh...and my hands made it through the Winter in one piece (well 2 hands=2 pieces)...which after all these years of bathing..is remarkable.
    Last edited by 4Sibes; 03-31-10, 08:18 AM. Reason: typo on the hypo
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Vets best-a lot like hylight, way less expensive. No issues ever, on any dog over seven years. This includes dogs that were too cheap to refil thier hylight and switched over to it. Very good shampoo! The marketing on the bottle can be a little cheesy, but excellent hypo shampoo! You can pick up little bottles at one of the big P stores (I can not remember which one). I get my gallons through kings, they are just under 40 per, but again, this shampoo rocks!!

Comment

I too like Hylyte, but have ended up with Bark to Basics Sensi-Skin. Out of all that I've tried it's the one that seems to actually get dogs clean and not cause issues.

Comment

I did like the HyLyt, but our vet stopped carrying their line. We have switched over to Quadruped's Hypo and it seems to get the dog's clean and the coat fluffs out nicely for a grooming.

Jessie

Comment

That's good to know Scully'sM...I may just check that out.....
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

i really like E-Z grooms ultra clear. It smells clean when the dogs are done, it's relatively inexpensive. It cleans really well, they don't feel oily or greasy afterword and i haven't had a dog have a reaction yet. I have with some other hypo shampoos. I like bark to basics sensitive shampoo as well.

Comment

I really like the Show Seasons Hypo. I also found that the EnviroGroom Hypo cleaned really well, but it was a strong citris smell as it is made with grapefruit, so it makes me wonder if any dogs would have a reaction to it.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
                X