Andis 5 speed Clippers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis 5 speed Clippers.

So I'm going to groom school in like 3 weeks. I have most of my supplies, and these: http://www.petco.com/product/11517/A...l-Clipper.aspx (of course, mine are prettier and blue haha). So I was looking through a magazine and I saw a 5 speed andis. The groomers in my salon seem to think it won't work, they've never had any experience with them. These are the clippers in question: http://www.ryanspet.com/productInfo....temNo=AND63205 . Has anyone had any experience with them?

I don't have a pair, but I'm hoping someone tell you about there's. I checked them out at Atlanta Pet Fair and I really like the way the felt in my hand and the light weight of them. But I wanted to hear people option of them before buying them. If I hear good things about them I'll get me a pair at Petquest.
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

I have them....they took some getting used to, but now I love them. They are lighter and smoother than the regular Andis. The switch design is horrible, but the rest of the clipper is so great I can get over it. I hope they make a better switch in a later incarnation of the clipper! Otherwise, I love them!

Comment

I recently purchased these at APF and I do LOVE them. It does take a little getting used to and I agree with another poster that I really don't like the switch but the clippers do a beautiful job. The only concern I would have would be that these clippers will probably get hotter faster for someone who is just learning and maybe not working as fast as a more experienced groomer. Other than that I say they're GREAT!
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by SharPeiMom View Post
          I recently purchased these at APF and I do LOVE them. It does take a little getting used to and I agree with another poster that I really don't like the switch but the clippers do a beautiful job. The only concern I would have would be that these clippers will probably get hotter faster for someone who is just learning and maybe not working as fast as a more experienced groomer. Other than that I say they're GREAT!
          both of the last 2 posts say they take ome getting ue to.... in what way? the weight size/form. ive been using the andis 2 speed blue ultra edge blah blah and tried a few others here and there but always back to them. but they are heavy. and what is different about the switch? how does it work? thanks!

Comment

It took a little bit to get used to a different design than I was used to. It is a little smaller and lighter so just felt different in my hand. Didn't take me long though. The switch is on the side and the best way I can think of to describe it would be like a touch pad. It just seems a little awkward. The part that plugs into a receptacle is very large so I use a receptacle that I won't be using for anything else. It has a couple of quirks but it really is a nice clipper. The power seems to stay constant so it gives the impression of being more powerful than say the 2 speed Andis but I don't think it is. The blades do get hot in a hurry. I guess I have about 6 Andis clippers and this one is my favorite. I didn't notice a difference when I first started using it but it didn't take long to realize I was making better times on my grooms, didn't really know why, but my DH informed me that I was making fewer passes over the coats. I guess that's what I mean when I say the power is constant. Did I mention that mine are PINK!
            ~*~Robin~*~
            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I hated them I have used the andis 2 speeds for years. When I switched to this one i had a hard time with the switch too. The 5 speeds have a recessed on off button that is hard to reach with just one hand. I had to let go of the dog each time, to turn them off until I finally got used to it. They have an increased spm (strokes per minute 4400! the fastest on the market) but they get hot fast. I have already killed one pair (had them about a month) already by running the motor too long clipping a matted cocker. So I dont reccomend they be your only clipper. But they are good finishing clippers for sure. They are good on the lower speeds for poodle feet because they work fast but wont get hot fast. *sigh* a representative admitted to my boss that the new clippers coming out are considered "throw away" meaning they are meant to work for 6 months-year or so and you buy the newer version. They think this is what we want becuase we are so hard on our clippers and people dont clean them and do the preventative maintenance that old school groomers are used to. Its sad. I will stick with my older clippers for as long as ryans sells thier parts

Comment

Like everyone else, I LOVE my new 5 speed, but have the same issues as the rest of you. Hate the switch, love the light weight, and noticed the blades heat up really quick on high speed. I hope I dont have problems with them and have to consider them disposable after 6 months or so, they cost WAY too much to be disposable!

Comment

Working...
                X