Quicker Slicker vs The Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicker Slicker vs The Stuff

I've really been wanting to order a good dematting conditioning spray. What do you guys use? I have heard good things about both quicker slicker and the stuff? WHich is better and why?
    THANKS

I just recently tried The Stuff and I LOVE it!!! I can't believe I've groomed a couple years without it. I had a Bichon Shih Tzu mix today. His ears were solid mats. I didn't want to shave them, so I used The Stuff and worked slowly on them and I was able to comb them out.

I haven't used Quicker Slicker, so I don't know how it compares.
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I have use both and I prefer The Stuff. Quicker Slicker smells so yummy, but I just felt like The Stuff is better.

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
        I have use both and I prefer The Stuff. Quicker Slicker smells so yummy, but I just felt like The Stuff is better.
        I agree! I love the smell of Quicker Skicker, it has a kind of berry smell, but I think The Stuff works better. Plus I find that you can dilute The Stuff a little more than what they tell you on the label. I think it's 15:1 on the bottle, I usually do about 18:1 or 20:1 so I can stretch it a little bit.

Price wise I think they are pretty close, The Stuff runs about 23-25 bucks for a 12 ounce bottle of concentrate, and Quicker Slicker I think is about 35-36 bucks for a 16 ounce concentrate. They both are 15:1 recommended dilution.

Comment

I started using The Stuff recently

my clients notice how soft the fur is I think it will help keep coats from matting between appts too. It doesn't weigh down the coat and I like it too. I wish I had used that little bottle sooner. I haven't opened my new 12oz yet. In a way, I feel I am pouring some money down the drain because a little goes a long way and I have maybe poured too much. But the results are great. I have Aba ca dabra too and I used a little on the second goldendoodle brother. I think, if a client does not want a fragrance, The Stuff has less to object to. I suspect my gallons of conditioner will be siitting for a while now. All the clients love the feel of the coats, and have no idea how easy it is to use after the bath. I also think the fur dries faster........does it? Or is it my imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
            I also think the fur dries faster........does it? Or is it my imagination.
            I felt like it wasn't drying as fast, but maybe I'm just reacting to the feel of the silicon. I thought silicon was suppose to help shed water. Or maybe it's because when I am using it I typically use a lot of it to work on a particular tough spot.

Comment

For me it's HANDS DOWN The Stuff. I've used Quicker Slicker, and yes it smells nice, but I'd rather have performance than smell. If I want a dog to smell good I'll use a cologne.
              There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Have you tried CC Ice on Ice? I prefer that over The Stuff and Quicker Slicker.
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

I don't care for either one. I much prefer Groomer's Edge Solution. It's more versatile. You can use it full strength, dilute it, or hyperdilute it (26:1 or 32:1) and use as a leave in.

Comment

I love the stuff! I have been thinking of trying ice on ice but would love to hear more comparisons between that and the stuff !

I am almost out oh no!

Comment

Ice on Ice is a finishing spray not a dematter. I generally love Chris Christensen stuff but I don't like Ice on Ice so much. I do have a co-worker that loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by keyray View Post
                        Ice on Ice is a finishing spray not a dematter. I generally love Chris Christensen stuff but I don't like Ice on Ice so much. I do have a co-worker that loves it.

Ice on Ice is a really good dematter, it's also great to help w/deshedding. Guess it's like anything else, we all have our favorites.
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

I'm Quicker Slicker all the way! Smells great, dogs dry faster, you need sunglasses just to look at those shiny coats and I am a loyal Natures Specialties user.

Comment

Neither.

I use either Mane & Tail Detangler, Absorbine ShowSheen, Farnham Ultrasheen or Johnson & Johnsons No More Tangles, right off the shelf in the baby section at Wally World.

Comment

Working...
                            X