Showseasons Hypo/Tearless ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showseasons Hypo/Tearless ???

Anyone ever have any problems with it??? We hadn't tried ShowSeasons before so couple weeks ago we placed a order for the hypo/tearless, hypo conditioner, and couple other things. Saturday we had a bichon come in who is about 9 months old at 9am, he had been to our salon once before and the owner calls 3 weeks later says he had a allergic reation to our shampoo. I asked her why didn't she call us? did you go to the vet? what happened? She said she just noticed he was scratching a week after the visit, not irrated skin or anything the vet told her he had some dry skin. So anyways he came back in saturday so we said ok this time no colgne or anything just the hypo shampoo. So my wife gave him a bath, dried him, gave him his cut, he went home, around 12. We left the salon at 5pm to get something to eat, when we get back there is a message saying...."did you poke my dog in the eye he can't open his eye." My wife calls the lady back and says no we didn't poke him in the eye(we would of told her if something happened) the lady says she rubbed his eye with a wet q tip(which i told her not to do that no more, she might scratch his eye) and he seems to be opening it now, and says her brother was playign with him maybe he got something in it. So my wife says ill call you back in a little bit to check on him again, my wife hangs up. We were talking for a minute or two i told her to call her back, tell her to bring him in so we take a look at him maybe flush it and see how bad it actually is. My wife then calls her back again she says she is at Banfield(Vet inside Petsmart) that he is going to look at him, i told her to give us a call let us know what's going on. So we talked for a moment and said let's go to Banfield and see the dog talk to the vet. The vet comes out and tells me his eye has a chemical burn, and i said that's strange we used tearless shampoo on him. All he says is by what i can tell its a chemical burn so we talk to the owner offer to pay half the vet bill since it happened after leaving our salon, she refuses the offer so we leave. Iam just bugged out about this wondering if i got a bad bottle of shampoo?? Iam leaning toward she probably put something in his eye she shouldn't have.

thanks,
    Robert

I think you will find, even the tearless shampoos if left in the eye too long can cause a chemical burn. I have read posts by Helly, I believe, on that subject. I am not the expert, but even with "tearless" shampoos I am very careful, wash the head last and rinse it first. I think Helly or other shampoo expert, like BBird would be better at explaining it. I use the SS and have not had a problem, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I use this on faces of every dog that comes in my shop ... have not had any issues. I (& my bathers) are very careful to not get it in eyes, but I still always rinse rinse rinse around eyes to flush any residue out of/away from eyes.

Comment

yeah we always eye wash before drying i forgot to mention, how long would anyone say for him to start showing signs of irration? because dried and haircut he was out of the bath prob there for a hour to a hour and a half. When he left he never showed any sign of irration

Comment

This is one company that I truly trust. If they say the shampoo is tearless, then it is. What comes to mind to me is, did you use any other spray on the dog after the bath? Anything such as a bodifier, quick dry, even a cologne, will or can cause irritation to the eyes...

Comment

Sometimes it happens. It can take hours for it to show up, and you don;t always see it happening even durig grooming. A vet once told me that the sunlight hitting it can cause the damage as well. Call Sandy at Show Seasons and discuss it with her.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
              This is one company that I truly trust. If they say the shampoo is tearless, then it is. What comes to mind to me is, did you use any other spray on the dog after the bath? Anything such as a bodifier, quick dry, even a cologne, will or can cause irritation to the eyes...
              Nope nothing at all

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
                This is one company that I truly trust. ..
                I just wanted to add that Show Seasons is ALL I use and I do love their products. If it was a product issue I trust them to help you in every way possible. They have fabulous customer service and are just a great company overall. I would never want to seem that I was desparaging them in any way.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

That's what i figured everything i read about them i was pretty sure it was the shampoo but i figured i would ask

Comment

Working...
                  X