Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natures Specialty products - anyone have complaints with causing hives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10muddypaws
    replied
    Used for years without issues.

Leave a comment:

• blingwithfur
    replied
    Not the product, that I feel sure.

Leave a comment:

• 123Linda
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• 4them
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyn View Post
    I would want to know where dog stayed while she was gone...kennel, pet sitter, home with other family members. Also keep in mind, owners sometimes give "special" treats after grooming that can cause an allergic reaction (had this issue years ago with a schnz, seems mom gave him milk as a "special" treat after grooming, he had an allergy to milk)
    Yes I agree. This isn't likely from the groom.

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Originally posted by kim818 View Post
    Didn’t use a furminator. And I’m very careful when I’m brushing to not brush burn the pup. I did ask why she hadn’t contacted me sooner i could have rebathed the dog with hypo allergenic maybe she wouldn’t have chewed her self up and she said because she was out of town for the past week. Dog stayed at home.. so now I’m wondering how she even knows for sure it was caused by grooming if she wasn’t even home to see when it started.
    And dog does have another small raw spot on the upper tail. I offered to rebath the dog with hypo allergenic shampoo waiting to hear back from her.
    i contacted natures specialty and they responded that they’ve had no other complaints and the product is their best seller. I do believe them since I’ve heard nothing but good things about their products.
    I would want to know where dog stayed while she was gone...kennel, pet sitter, home with other family members. Also keep in mind, owners sometimes give "special" treats after grooming that can cause an allergic reaction (had this issue years ago with a schnz, seems mom gave him milk as a "special" treat after grooming, he had an allergy to milk)

Leave a comment:

• IrishSetterTom
    replied
    I haven't heard of a GSD not having hip dysplasia

Leave a comment:

• yankeedoodlepoodle
    replied
    Not sure where my mind is necessarily going with this, but does the dog have hip dysplasia issues?

Leave a comment:

• IrishSetterTom
    replied
    Agree, most likely not the shampoo. May be the anxiety. Should go to the vet.

Leave a comment:

• KarlaSnyder
    replied
    Owner was out of town? I'm thinking a bad case of separation anxiety. Dog pulls out hair. Shepherds do seem to react over the top sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Kurt99
    replied
    Being so localized to one side and the tail would lead me to believe it’s something else entirely. Not you and definitely not the shampoo causing that. Natural Groomer shampoo will irritate the skin if you don’t rinse it super well, but then again you’d see it all over the dog not just one area like for the GSD.

Leave a comment:

• kim818
    replied
    Didn’t use a furminator. And I’m very careful when I’m brushing to not brush burn the pup. I did ask why she hadn’t contacted me sooner i could have rebathed the dog with hypo allergenic maybe she wouldn’t have chewed her self up and she said because she was out of town for the past week. Dog stayed at home.. so now I’m wondering how she even knows for sure it was caused by grooming if she wasn’t even home to see when it started.
    And dog does have another small raw spot on the upper tail. I offered to rebath the dog with hypo allergenic shampoo waiting to hear back from her.
    i contacted natures specialty and they responded that they’ve had no other complaints and the product is their best seller. I do believe them since I’ve heard nothing but good things about their products.

Leave a comment:

• Kurt99
    replied
    Could you have possibly overdone it with the furminator???

Leave a comment:

• Kurt99
    replied
    Now how to address this with them is the question. I’m fortunate to have a vet I can rely upon for these things. I would have offered to do a hypotonic shampoo bath and super rinse it and get a vet’s opinion.
    Last edited by Kurt99; 04-05-21, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kurt99
    replied
    Oh heck no. That took some major knawing on the dog’s part. They needed to contact you sooner. Doubtful that’s from the Shampoo. Far too extreme.

Leave a comment:

• cockerlvr
    replied
    Agree with Cyn. Also wanted to say this is why I stick with one product. People will claim all kinds of things and when I say I've used the same shampoo and conditioner forever they can't really come back on that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X