So disappointed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So disappointed...

My employer will not carry Best Shot Ultra wash/Plenish for desheds. We had a whole meeting about it and she ordered 2.5 gallons of each. BEST DESHED SYSTEM EVER!!! I got such great results using Best shot 3 step system and we already stock the Ultra vitalizing mist. The other groomers in the shop said they didn't like it though so she went back to tropiclean deshed shampoo. WAHHHHHH!!!! So bummed.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

No way is Tropiclean better. Is this something against you, or do they really mean it?

Comment

Wow. I am a hot-headed, highly opinionated individual, not traits I actually love about myself. So I try very hard to emulate my dad, who was so good at seeing both sides. But I give up on this one. No way can I understand not liking the Best Shot. Works great and smells divine- clean and fresh.

Comment

I ordered my own stuff if a boss refused. Shrug. It makes the job easier.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting Parti. Could you try that NF and see reaction?

Comment

Stumped. Big deal. Move on. Open your own salon. And I’m not being snarky one bit. You’re letting small stuff bother your life. If it’s gargantuan annoyance then learn to not let it bother you until you can call all your own shots. Just do a little less if you’re not accomadate to do your best work. Do the amount of effort you are compensated for. Easy fix. Keep saving and counting your peas and let all this be behind you.

Comment

I wouldn’t allow what I didn’t order for my employees in the shop. That’s sketchy. Usurption. Go do your own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                I wouldn’t allow what I didn’t order for my employees in the shop. That’s sketchy. Usurption. Go do your own thing.
                I do as long as it's quality. Keeps people happy. I might not like it, but others do. It's not a big deal. Saves me money! But you are being snarky. If it makes the job easier for them, go for it. Not one employer ever objected. Not. One.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                  Stumped. Big deal. Move on. Open your own salon. And I’m not being snarky one bit. You’re letting small stuff bother your life. If it’s gargantuan annoyance then learn to not let it bother you until you can call all your own shots. Just do a little less if you’re not accomadate to do your best work. Do the amount of effort you are compensated for. Easy fix. Keep saving and counting your peas and let all this be behind you.
                  Trust me when I say Kurt I am losing no sleep over this. If this was my biggest worry in life right now I would be so happy! I have to much other more pressing issues, like house hunting and dealing with family issues than to spend time wasting worrying about the shampoo we have.

I just posted to say I was "disappointed" work won't carry it and the other groomers didn't like it. Nothing more, nothing less
                  Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
                    Interesting Parti. Could you try that NF and see reaction?
                    My employer does allow for us to purchase our own product if we want but we are to expect NO compensation for it. I lean more towards I am an employee and it's not responsibility to purchase product, that's why I am an employee. I will get sample bottles to try products but always encourage my employer to actually purchase.

I wanted to carry Chris Christensen line of coat specific shampoo's and even set up a way to market them. Work said I would have to get clients to purchase it on their own first and then if I had enough clients on it she would look into starting to carry it. Still haven't tried it yet. It's one thing to sell an add on sale. It's another to get a client to start bringing in their own shampoo even though it is technically included in the cost of the grooming just because you think you can get good results from it. As said in other posts, most people are happy with a clean dog and unless it's a prescribed medicated shampoo I do not think a lot of clients will be willing to bring in their own shampoo all the time.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If you are not willing to bjy what you want then you are stuck dealing with what the employer provides and honesty have no right to complain. Shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                        If you are not willing to bjy what you want then you are stuck dealing with what the employer provides and honesty have no right to complain. Shrug.
                        I disagree. I am an employee. It is not my responsibility to purchase product from my pay and to not be reimbursed. If I was to be compensated (which I have asked my employer that I be paid 100% commission for add on services if I am purchasing the product and they said no) I would do it.

I have every right to express disappointment IMO. I have asked for products in the past and my employer will carry them. Sometimes they don't. This one they didn't. It is what it is. I understand and accept that I have to use the products my employer provides. When we have a meeting to discuss trying a new product, they purchase the product and then decide they do not wish to continue to carry it because not everyone likes it, yeah I'm disappointed, I expressed it, then I move on.

I think you are looking at this from an employers point of view Parti. Of course employers would be happy to not purchase product and especially if it was a high end one yet still reap the rewards from it. The employer gets happy clients and more or less happy employees and have none of the expense and and get a percentage of the profits.

I don't agree with that so I use what they give me, ask for products I would like to see us carry, and deal with it if they don't. Either way I have the right to my opinion, and you know what they say about those! LOL
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                        X