Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you recommend to clients to use at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you recommend to clients to use at home?

I’m getting a ton of questions from clients asking for brush, comb, shampoo and detangling product suggestions to use at home in between grooming appointments. Specifically with doodle owners I get asked this a lot. I know what I like to use at my shop but I was curious what you all suggest to your clients for home use?

Pretty much same thing, slicker and a comb. They don't understand undercoat. You know, doodles don't shed. First time I advise your doodle sheds. WHAT? Yes your doodle sheds into its own coat at not around the house. So you saved some time picking up that shed around the house. Now take that time to remove it as it is near your doodle's skin trapped. Trapped indeed I tell them ready to mat. Brushing gets the top of the shed away from the skin, and that brush can hurt the skin so don't press too hard. Now do that, but then carefully go deeper where the shed is hidden and that must come out with the comb carefully. They look at me like maybe I would have saved more time letting her shed and vacuum it help.

Well, maybe. LOL

Comment

Never tell them what to use, without showing them HOW to use. I have seen pets end up in the vets from misuse, especially the furminator. With a heavy hand you can take the hide off.

Comment

Use a housecall groomer😺

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
          Use a housecall groomer😺
          Right!

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
            Never tell them what to use, without showing them HOW to use. I have seen pets end up in the vets from misuse, especially the furminator. With a heavy hand you can take the hide off.
            I know a guy that his dog had to go to emergency and there was blood in the fur. I never recommend a furminator because some people have lead heavy hands.

Comment

More and more I have been suggesting a good comb for the hairies, and for the shorthairs, dampened coat, your hands, and a towel. Effective and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by pbhgoss View Post
                I’m getting a ton of questions from clients asking for brush, comb, shampoo and detangling product suggestions to use at home in between grooming appointments. Specifically with doodle owners I get asked this a lot. I know what I like to use at my shop but I was curious what you all suggest to your clients for home use?
                Honestly I wish doodle owners wouldn't bathe between appointments. They seem to never get the undercoat out and make matting worse. That is why we do the free brush out between appointments. Now we don't experience much of the Dreaded Doodle Appointment Syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                X