Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My arm protectors. Feedback?

Opinions?

So I'm sewing cute waterproof arm covers. I use 'em for avoiding minor scratches, covering my sleeves if I'm not wearing a grooming uniform, and ha ha, giving cats something to bite into instead of my flesh.

I might try to sell them as a sideline.

Now, they're not bite or scratch proof, but I've had cats bite into the loose fabric and saved myself from a real bite. I go from house to house, so I just put on a new pair at each house.
    They're lined with soft absorbant fabric. Cozy!

Do you like the name "slippeesleeve" or "candeesleeve" (candy because of different colors). I want a happy fun name.

Thanks!

Kittysleeve or Cattysleeve

Comment

Good job Emma

Comment

Comment

Missed these. Very nice looking. Are the fabrics water resistant?

Comment

Thank you!
            Water resistant, like light-weight shower curtains, but if you are putting your arms in a lot of water, like soaking a pet in a sink, some can get under the arm cuffs, so not water-proof 100- but I guess that's true of any clothing.
            I'm part Oriental, so for older Asians this is kind of a common thing, to protect clothing while cleaning by wearing sleeves.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if they would prove useful for working on the paw defenders who I end up putting in a sling. I have come away with some magnificent temporary artwork on my arms courtesy of the back feet while I am working on the fronts.
                Do they come with matching shower caps? Cuz sometimes I want to bathe a dog, not wash my hair.
                Of course Scratch Savers is boring. Scratch Scats maybe doesn't give enough of a clue what the product is. Scratch Scat Sleeves?

Comment

Emma do you machine sew?

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                    Emma do you machine sew?
                    Yes. But after I have final samples, I may hire a p/t seamstress, if I keep on with this product.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
                      I wonder if they would prove useful for working on the paw defenders who I end up putting in a sling. I have come away with some magnificent temporary artwork on my arms courtesy of the back feet while I am working on the fronts.
                      Do they come with matching shower caps? Cuz sometimes I want to bathe a dog, not wash my hair.
                      Of course Scratch Savers is boring. Scratch Scats maybe doesn't give enough of a clue what the product is. Scratch Scat Sleeves?
                      Matching shower cap is such a cute idea! With cats, any dangling hair is a target, so I should try that.
                      Yes, my arms are smooth now. No more mini-scratches from flailing kitties. But the sleeves are just light plastic, so not protection against everything especially not against real attacks. I slip them over my jeans jacket if a kitty looks like they really want to get me.

Comment

I NEED THIS!!! I've recently returned to work after being hospitalized after a house fire. My burns are mostly on in hands and arms, they're incredibly sensitive. A little scratch is unbearable.

Please keep me updated on this wonderful invention! This would be a life changer.

Comment

I hope you have a speedy recovery. If you want to private message me your name and mailing address and phone number (for the delivery service), I will send you a free pair. I will pay for the postage. If they are helpful for your comfort, that would be great. If they are not helpful, that will be useful feedback for me to know. They come in one size, so if you are big-boned they may be a bit snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                            I hope you have a speedy recovery. If you want to private message me your name and mailing address and phone number (for the delivery service), I will send you a free pair. I will pay for the postage. If they are helpful for your comfort, that would be great. If they are not helpful, that will be useful feedback for me to know. They come in one size, so if you are big-boned they may be a bit snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                              Heal quickly! Glad you are safe and with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X