Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=holisticfitness;n1232411]
    Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post

Laser Lites Drape. It's the only thing I found to work on her after SO many trials.

Cockerlvr - Laser Lites looks like an interesting line. I’m looking for something for my Cresteds that I’m showing. Do you know if it has lanolin in it?
    Good question holistic. I notice that certain products for sensitive types and that ARE lanolin free but no longer have a label saying that. Good grief, lanolin is terrible for you, full of heavy metals, so they make it lanolin-free thank you, but no longer feel comfortable saying that? A wonderful piece of knowledge from long ago Helly.

Comment

Products like Artero, IOD, LesPooches are expensive. Used them all, not overly impressed.

Tools are an investment so I don't mind spending on Utsumi combs, CC brushes and Sensei shears. Good thing my wife doesn't know a $30 shear from a $320 pair. Kinda addicted to collecting shears like a guitarist does with guitars. They all perform differently.

Comment

[QUOTE=4them;n1232439]
        Originally posted by holisticfitness View Post

Good question holistic. I notice that certain products for sensitive types and that ARE lanolin free but no longer have a label saying that. Good grief, lanolin is terrible for you, full of heavy metals, so they make it lanolin-free thank you, but no longer feel comfortable saying that? A wonderful piece of knowledge from long ago Helly.
        I really think people don't say they are lanolin free because it's so rare theae days and most list basic ingredients
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=holisticfitness;n1232411]

Laser Lites Drape. It's the only thing I found to work on her after SO many trials.

Cockerlvr - Laser Lites looks like an interesting line. I’m looking for something for my Cresteds that I’m showing. Do you know if it has lanolin in it?
          I don't honestly know. I can tell you I've never been disappointed with anything from their line.

Comment

[QUOTE=4them;n1232439]

I can't find anything that says there is heavy metals in lanolin. Why would that be? It's sheep sebum (which in itself, ewww)

Comment

I just worry because I have Chinese Cresteds and they are often sensitive/allergic to Lanolin.

Comment

[QUOTE=cockerlvr;n1232992]
                Originally posted by 4them View Post

I can't find anything that says there is heavy metals in lanolin. Why would that be? It's sheep sebum (which in itself, ewww)
                I couldn't find anything either...why would heavy metals be in sheep sebum?
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I just worry because I have Chinese Cresteds and they are often sensitive/allergic to Lanolin.
                  They specifically had lanolin products so maybe it's just in those products. Could just call and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                    Products like Artero, IOD, LesPooches are expensive. Used them all, not overly impressed.

Tools are an investment so I don't mind spending on Utsumi combs, CC brushes and Sensei shears. Good thing my wife doesn't know a $30 shear from a $320 pair. Kinda addicted to collecting shears like a guitarist does with guitars. They all perform differently.
                    Couldn't agree with you more Tom that some of these high end luxury products shampoo and conditioners are good, but I don't find them better. Fluff advertising for extra dollars.

Comment

Well lanolin is a poisonous product when swallowed. Though through skin absorption not as dangerous and some people and possibly dogs can be very sensitive to it. Logically do you really want to use it daily in makeup and hand creams if it is poisonous? It is still going into the body, big dose if you swallow it, but what about using it daily as it builds up. Not me. There are safer things than lanolin. Poison control: https://www.mountsinai.org/health-li...olin-poisoning

Comment

Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
                        Well lanolin is a poisonous product when swallowed. Though through skin absorption not as dangerous and some people and possibly dogs can be very sensitive to it. Logically do you really want to use it daily in makeup and hand creams if it is poisonous? It is still going into the body, big dose if you swallow it, but what about using it daily as it builds up. Not me. There are safer things than lanolin. Poison control: https://www.mountsinai.org/health-li...olin-poisoning
                        I read the link you posted. It is harmful if swallowed.....can cause blockage like eating wax, nothing to do with heavy metal sin it. Again SMH!!!!!
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post

I kinda wonder the same thing, I can see where $300-400 shears might have better metal, better engineering, lighter weight, etc. than shears under $100, but what about Utsumi shears that cost $900-1000?
                          My most expensive supplies and tools are $90 Utsumi half moon comb, $60 Chris Christensen brushes, and Les Poochs shampoos. (I am not including dryers, tub and tables).
                          Actually I got to try Utsumi and cannot say the $1k shears were better than Sensei, but both of those are way better than some average shears.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cyn;n1233018]
                            I couldn't find anything either...why would heavy metals be in sheep sebum?
                            I used Lanolin cream for my nipples when breast feeding to prevent chapness. Not sure the difference between what I used and what they put in shampoo, but from my research it should be completely safe to use.
                            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Well top of the line lift tubs, I am just about ready to buy one, but worth it. Electric tables and tubs are essential to providing a more pro experience to employees and maintaining their well being.

Comment

Working...
                              X