Most expensive grooming products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most expensive grooming products?

What are the most expensive grooming products you have ever seen or purchased?
    For me, it is IV San Bernard shampoo and Atsumi combs.

The conditioner for my show dog is 160 a gallon. That's the most I've ever paid for any grooming product. I would never use something that expensive in my business though. I have other products that work just as well on most dogs.

Comment

Wow! What kind of conditioner is it?

Comment

Sensei Shears about $360 not counting equipment in the thousands.

Comment

Tub. $6000 Tables. $1800 each
          dryers , shears, etc
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder who buys the most expensive shears. Only competition groomers- that would be too small a market though?

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
              Wow! What kind of conditioner is it?
              Laser Lites Drape. It's the only thing I found to work on her after SO many trials.

Oh I was thinking product, like usable product. But yea, electric tables, shears, Utsumi comb

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post

Laser Lites Drape. It's the only thing I found to work on her after SO many trials.

Oh I was thinking product, like usable product. But yea, electric tables, shears, Utsumi comb
                Thank you. Yes, you were right. I was wondering about products such as shampoo, scissors, rather than large equipment.

Comment

I wonder who buys the most expensive shears. Only competition groomers- that would be too small a market though?
                  no. MANY groomers do because they help the groom get done faster and better.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post

no. MANY groomers do because they help the groom get done faster and better.
                    Many groomers buy $360 shears? I am impressed at that investment. I thought buying a Dyson dryer was a really big purchase when I decided to go for it, but that is just one item, not like buying shears where more than one is used.
                    For my cat grooming, I don't use shears, so am getting off easy ha ha!

Comment

I bought a Sensei and so worth it. My hands feel better and that was suggested to me by an experienced groomer at a Petco. She was having hand problems. The better the shear the less cutting you need once you get really skilled she said. She is right. so easy on my hands.

Comment

If I had my own place it would be an electric lifting tub. For myself and my poo I used to get what was the name. Uh. Why Bitch shampoo something like that. It was pricey per gallon.

Comment

I kinda wonder the same thing, I can see where $300-400 shears might have better metal, better engineering, lighter weight, etc. than shears under $100, but what about Utsumi shears that cost $900-1000?
                          My most expensive supplies and tools are $90 Utsumi half moon comb, $60 Chris Christensen brushes, and Les Poochs shampoos. (I am not including dryers, tub and tables).

Comment

[QUOTE=cockerlvr;n1232319]

Cockerlvr - Laser Lites looks like an interesting line. I’m looking for something for my Cresteds that I’m showing. Do you know if it has lanolin in it?

Comment

Why Bitch was close to $100 a gallon wasn't it. I think so and it was excellent for poos, some didn't agree but I thought so.

Comment

Working...
                              X